FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy report  (Read 10959 times)

bammer

Re: Missy report
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2016, 11:24 AM »
Water is muddy in Marion today

tater140

« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2016, 12:52 PM »
Thats what I was afraid of.   oh well were gonna try anyhow.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #32 on: Mar 04, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Let's hope Big R catches some fish. And let's us know.

bigr

« Reply #33 on: Mar 04, 2016, 03:41 PM »
Fished a couple slack areas up stream in river. Water is dirty but fishable. No luck , fish have not moved up yet. Went to red bridge area and water was dirty but fishable. Fish about an hr and had ten hits of which I caught three good fish and one small fish using black chart tube and hot pink rocker tipped with a moth. The bites all came close to shore in six ft of water four to five ft down. I think if I wanted to work at it and stay longer I could have had a nice mess. Weather sounds rough in morning but might get back out. Good luck all and remember bite can change quick this time of year.

RoeBoat

« Reply #34 on: Mar 04, 2016, 04:02 PM »
Eating them? Not my favorite. I do like to keep several packages in the freezer to make a hot and sour bass soup with. It is a very firm fish. Have also pickled them. Not bad.

That soup sounds good.  Can you share you recipe?

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #35 on: Mar 04, 2016, 04:41 PM »
Well Mike and are going to head that way then. Thanks Big R u saved me some gas. Hope to see u out there Saturday afternoon.

Boomer

« Reply #36 on: Mar 04, 2016, 04:58 PM »
Roeboat - I will look around for the recipes. Both are in the same book and may be in a storage locker in Rushville.  Send me a pm and I will get back to you when I get it. Boomer.

bherr24

« Reply #37 on: Mar 04, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Fished across from red bridge launch area this afternoon for a couple hours. Water was dirty but did catch 8 crappie and missed 2 others. Only problem was they were all dinks. No size at all.  Will probably head back Sunday or maybe tomorrow afternoon. If we don't get anymore significant rain to muddy it up more then it already is i believe the warm temps coming up will really help the bite.  Ill be out as much as i can before the rain hits midweek and probably screws it up again.

tater140

« Reply #38 on: Mar 04, 2016, 07:02 PM »
I will be out tomorrow morning in an older bass tracker, feel free to flag me down and say hi.  More then likely i willbe around red bridge somewhere.  Im always glad to share info.

spekclab77

« Reply #39 on: Mar 04, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Slabs were biting on the white

bigr

« Reply #40 on: Mar 05, 2016, 08:59 AM »
Just got back from resi. Water clarity went from dirty to mud over night. In my opion to muddy for a decent bite. Hope this report save a trip here.

tater140

« Reply #41 on: Mar 05, 2016, 10:53 AM »
Fished this morning from 8-11 not a single bite...  I didnt really look around too hard though. Water was def. muddy.  Saw crappiecrusher there, maybe they did better.

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #42 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:06 PM »
Well she' s muddy for sure. Put in seen couple boats off point at red bridge. Assuming that was one of you Tater. It was tough out there. Cold cloudy ,muddy water. A crappie fishermen's nightmare. Talk to a gentleman on the bank. He said he had been catching nice fish all week. But nothing today said it wasn't this muddy. So Mike and I took the crusher toward dam. Found fishable water just past listen creek. Dam end was also muddy. We were spider rigging on a ledge that was holding crappies. Caught a handful there moved on to not catch anything return to catch a few more. Then moved down to a big cove on right side of lake where the one stump is sticking out of water. Wind was blowing shad into the cove on first drift Mike got a nice fish. And we missed another four.Thought we had found something working. But after a another half dozen drifts though it we managed another hand full. Decide enough was enough. Cooold. There be better days coming soon when water clears up watch out crappie. Kept dozen nice ones for Sundays hot oil bath. Good luck guys.   ( can't wait for warmer weather)

spekclab77

« Reply #43 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:13 PM »
Killed them down here around indy..not sure how to post..got them below dam at Geist on 1/48 oz. Flo green head with slab slayer.  Almost to limit and several over 13..all blacks

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #44 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:41 PM »
Nice job at Geist. Love them big blacks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.