FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Lake Perching tomorrow  (Read 19268 times)

wallin

Big Lake Perching tomorrow
« on: Jun 10, 2016, 12:15 PM »
Going to try the Big Lake for perch tomorrow, may not see a fish but we must fish when we can. lol
Deciding which Port of disappointment will be the worst and then go to the other lol.
Either MC or Portage.
Wallin

abishop

Re: Big Lake Perching tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2016, 02:31 PM »
Good luck Tom. Heard Gary light 50-54 fow. Couple weeks old. I am hoping they come into Cal Harbor soon. I like fishing the weed beds throwing spinners with soft shells. Haven't had much luck the past couple years. THIS IS THE YEAR. Remember the pics. Have fun, (remember the fly repellant and sun screen). LOL.

fishcrazy

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Going to be a scorcher tomorrow.   DNR says 40-50 ft out of Portage is producing a few. Put out a crawler or shrimp on a bobber may get a steelhead to give you a ride.  I'll be out Sunday morning. Good luck

fishcrazy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2016, 04:33 PM »
Also. Keep an eye on the radar. May be strong storms in the afternoon

wallin

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Thanks guys, were going to try out of M.C., heading out there early and get off early.
Its been a tough one but we want to fish lol
I'll post, there saying 3 to 5 ftrs sunday, north winds.
Wallin

fishcrazy

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Not the best forecast Sunday but only time off..probably jump in a boat much bigger than mine if my buddy is down to fish.  Let us know how today is

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2016, 03:06 PM »
Looked like a nice mess on the table there Tom. What was the magic depth? What was the average 11? How were the flies? NICE JOB, CONGRATS. Hoping to give it a try sometime later next week.

wallin

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2016, 08:56 PM »
Had a great day with the son and grandson. Black ditch 22 to 28 ft with 24 or 25 ft being the best. Wind was a pretty steady blow this morning pushing us at about 1mph which we thought was bad but actually was doing the trick. Very few pods or schools, had to find the holes and  cracks and continue the drifts over and over.
Lots of gobies and dinks, but them Perch all had gobies in them so thats a great thing and there finding a new food supply. 8 to 12 inch was the size most 10 inch as a guess. Wind laid down and went flat on us and the bite pretty much died with it. Bass Pro Perch rigs with minnows , glow in the dark ones seemed to do best. Fished from 7:30 to 1pm and could take the heat so we headed in, but what a great day with the boys.

Wallin

High Flags

« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2016, 09:45 PM »
awesome!!  cant beat catching perch with the family.. Glad you found em, makes me want to go get some with my son.  Nice pics!!

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2016, 10:55 PM »
Had a great day with the son and grandson. Black ditch 22 to 28 ft with 24 or 25 ft being the best. Wind was a pretty steady blow this morning pushing us at about 1mph which we thought was bad but actually was doing the trick. Very few pods or schools, had to find the holes and  cracks and continue the drifts over and over.
Lots of gobies and dinks, but them Perch all had gobies in them so thats a great thing and there finding a new food supply. 8 to 12 inch was the size most 10 inch as a guess. Wind laid down and went flat on us and the bite pretty much died with it. Bass Pro Perch rigs with minnows , glow in the dark ones seemed to do best. Fished from 7:30 to 1pm and could take the heat so we headed in, but what a great day with the boys.

Love the smile on your son's face.  :clapping: :flex: :thumbup_smilie:

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

libo

« Reply #10 on: Jun 12, 2016, 10:28 AM »
wallin , we were the ones in front of mt baldy,when you went by. we ended with 17 good ones. saw you making same drift over & over an thought you might be catching them.  to much wind too fish deep where we were getting them. looks like you have a great fishing partner.  thight lines !!!

wallin

« Reply #11 on: Jun 13, 2016, 07:47 AM »
wallin , we were the ones in front of mt baldy,when you went by. we ended with 17 good ones. saw you making same drift over & over an thought you might be catching them.  to much wind too fish deep where we were getting them. looks like you have a great fishing partner.  thight lines !!!
We figured who ever was there was on fish, if we wouldn't of found some by the ditch we were coming back your way lol.
Bite was slow but steady when we hit the small holes that were trenchs we got hits. Almost came back your way. Wind died about 11:30 or 12:00 and it got hot. We didn't think we would do that well with no real reports, but wanted to try the new boat on the Big Pond and the Grandsons first of many voyages on the Big lake and he loved it.
Tom
Wallin

indianahooker

« Reply #12 on: Jun 14, 2016, 05:51 AM »
great family fun!  over an hour drive for me, so not worth it. keep at it with the kid dad, you doing good.  :clapping:

tater140

« Reply #13 on: Jun 14, 2016, 06:41 AM »
Great report, and it looks like the grandson had a nice time. 

fishcrazy

« Reply #14 on: Jun 14, 2016, 08:05 AM »
Nice boat I'm jealous. Hooker..well worth the hour + drive. Maybe just wait a week or two and it will be on like donkey Kong.  Double jumbo every drift is awesome and perch is 22$ a pound $$$

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.