FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Virus Be Damned  (Read 6274 times)

Teacherpreacher

Re: Virus Be Damned
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 07:18 AM »
Go for it Fish!!!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Daybreak

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 04:59 PM »
I hate to revive this post, especially when I am only 10 days from leaving on my trip up north.  The Elkhart County Medical director is saying we are seeing a huge increase of Covid cases in the county this week.  Probably a result of the trailer factories and suppliers going back to work and maybe weren't quite as prepared as they thought.  My wife was in a zoom meeting yesterday evening and was told there currently was a 3 hour wait at the hospital emergency room due to so many people showing up.  I drove past the Urgent Care Covid testing site yesterday afternoon between Goshen and Elkhart and probably saw close to 25 cars in the line waiting to enter the testing area.  Make sure you are wearing your mask when you are around a bunch of people.  Oh, and wash your hands to get the fish stink off.  Stay safe everyone.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

taxid

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 08:12 AM »
Daybreak,

It's getting close to home in my rural area of Ligonier now. Neighbor's daughter had tightness in her chest and tested positive. (Daughter lives elsewhere) A family near us had one person sick and the entire family tested positive. They seemed to get over it quickly, but they are a young family.

I'd say only 2 out of 10 people in my area are wearing masks, if that out in public places. And we get smirks when the wife and I are out shopping with masks and gloves on. Their problem not mine. I have parents living next to me that are in their 80's so I am not taking a chance.

I haven't seen any Amish wear them yet but I haven't seen a lot of them. Considering a large group gather for church every other week at a different residence it sounds like problems just waiting to happen especially since a lot fo them work in trailer factories in the Elkhart area.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lovetfish

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 08:35 AM »
Talk about looks our local Y opened not many people early in the morning everybody cleaning there equipment young and old people there only two of us wear a mask even coming into the building I am 75 short of staying home trying not to be part of the 80 some percent dead like fishing to much for that

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2020, 09:01 AM »
I went to 4 Greenhouses yesterday in Hobart trying to find flowers to plant, almost out of a lot of  favorites, and maybe half of people wearing masks. I'm still wearing mine. I think there will be an increase of cases after the big weekend.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 12:14 PM »
Hey Taxi, last weekend our friends told us their granddaughter's coworker at Ligonier Pizza Hut tested positive for Covid19! Needless to say they shut that place down and told her and coworkers had to get tested. After last weekend's shanagans and crowds I wouldn't be surprised to see a spike in cases! We need more testing and maintain social distancing and wearing masks if we are going to get over this disaster. Hex

taxid

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 01:58 PM »
Hey Taxi, last weekend our friends told us their granddaughter's coworker at Ligonier Pizza Hut tested positive for Covid19! Needless to say they shut that place down and told her and coworkers had to get tested. After last weekend's shanagans and crowds I wouldn't be surprised to see a spike in cases! We need more testing and maintain social distancing and wearing masks if we are going to get over this disaster. Hex

Hex that's where the family thought they got the virus.

If everyone would do what is necessary we could get through this virus faster with less fatalities. Our forefathers went to war with no guarantees of coming back and people whine about wearing a mask.

No doubt from what I've see this past weekend the cases will skyrocket. Same thing happened with the last Pandemic. I guess we never learn from history do we?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

mark1957

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Thanks for doing the rest of us Menards shopper a favor. Please stay away. You won'T BE MISSED.

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2020, 08:43 PM »
Our Beaches here in Porter County, (What's left of Them after the erosion) were flooded by folks with Illinois plates this past weekend.  It was a 45 minute wait to get into the state park at times.  We are around 20 Fatalities from it in this county, so I expect it to rise, with the beaches being open.  There was absolutely no social distancing from what I saw on the TV.

LundProv

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2020, 09:32 PM »
Ah, the old mask dilemma... I would greatly appreciate anyone... someone... anybody... who would direct me to any science based information that masks work for this application to reduce or prevent or stop the spreading of this virus.  Seems that if they could definitely show that masks work, then make it mandatory that EVERYONE wear a mask and at the same time, in this "safe" masked environment, keep ALL businesses and services open with masks in place.   Then again, if they don't work and cannot be proven to work, then why are we wearing them?  I have seen a good number of people in public wearing "masks" incorrectly - partially covering their face or not pinching the metal nose piece to contour the nose.  Driving home tonight... listening to the radio, CBS news did a great job of spreading more FEAR - False Evidence Appearing Real by claiming that a reliable source - not named of course is now questioning if 6' is enough distance for social distancing?!  Nobody knows and this is just irresponsible journalism...  I have also witnessed a fair number of seniors trying to use masks when these same seniors are already struggling to get enough wind to carry on a conversation or to maintain enough stamina to finish a common physical task.  Our media is going to have a field day scaring people this fall season with suggesting a second wave of this virus in on the horizon and it will certainly be worse than the first...  We just don't know...  If you wanna wear a mask and feel more secure with a mask, by all means wear one.  If you are behind a mask, insulated from me so to speak, why would you care if I did or did not wear a mask?

RoeBoat

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 09:33 PM »
Thanks for doing the rest of us Menards shopper a favor. Please stay away. You won'T BE MISSED.

Second post in 4.5 years, c'mon man!

Spooled85

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2020, 09:58 PM »
Second post in 4.5 years, c'mon man!

That's what you call a snowflake . Or someone who can't find a fish to save there lives so they lurk the shadows looking for any bone someone will throw them

Fisherben1

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 03:36 AM »
So where did you catch those fishes? I haven't been able to catch a perch since they put the mask on the perch

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 07:42 AM »
The fish are smart. They wear their mask and there are "no schools"....h2l

taxid

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 09:05 AM »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh go fish with your masks. LOL 

menards is loosing out on all my materials bought for my business.  if they are going to spit on freedom ill shop elsewhere. same goes for everywhere else forcing their opinions on everyone.

I've been to Menards a couple of times in the last few weeks. Business was brisk. I don't think they're hurting any.  Think of the workers that have to come in contact with hundreds of people every day.

And why would you need to wear a mask while fishing? It's not like you're in a confined area with lots of people. (That is unless you give away your fishing spot!)  ;D

Tim, of all people with your reduced lung capacity due to asthma scarring, you should especially take the virus seriously.

Remember when we went to Subway withouth a mask on?  I regret that but I thought we were just fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.