FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rico??  (Read 19523 times)

crappie66

• BOILER UP
Re: Rico??
« Reply #75 on: Oct 05, 2005, 04:21 AM »
Well I am still here, I got back from Lafayette yesterday actually.  I will say it again, the Boilers did get beat pretty bad by the Irish, I can pin point what they did wrong, but its a little to late for that now.  Hopefully somebody lights a fire under their asses and they can learn how to wrap up when they tackle.

As for choking twice, how do you figure?   Purdue choked once, to Minnesota, if you even want to call that a choke considering the line was in favor of Minnesota, but ranking wise yes Purdue choked.    Getting beat by Notre Dame wasn't a choke, considering ND was ranked what 12 or 13, and Purdue was around 20. 

I will be back in West Lafayette again this weekend, taking another 4 day weekend to take in another Boiler game, against Iowa.  I already have tickets for this one, so thank god I don't have to drop another $100 on a ticket.  Not sure where the tickets are located yet, but hopefully somewhere that I can sit down and watch the game.  I am getting to old for the student section, standing up the entire game, that was rough, tailgating all morning and afternoon in the hot sun, drinking too much, then standing up drinking more Beam and Coke, I was wore out by the end of the game. 

I think ND has a very good chance of beating U$C, we all saw this past weekend that U$C can be scored on, if the Irish D can hold their own, it should be a great game.  Might be something similar to the 93 FSU ND game.  As for the ND Tennessee game, I would pick Tennessee to win, but I will be damned if I have to go fishing with Rico and hear how Tenn beat ND and Purdue didn't, that there is enough for me to cheer for ND on that game.

Jimmy, when your Wildcats have a winning season or make it to a bowl game I will then pay attention to your criticism of my Boilermakers.  I doubt that will happen anytime soon, maybe some of your basketball boosters can pitch in some money to buy some blue chip football players.

slimjim7461

« Reply #76 on: Oct 05, 2005, 06:15 AM »
First off if you are paying $100.00 to watch the Boilermakers play,you need to think about buying a couple new ice fishing rods,and staying on the east side of the state,here real soon they wont be able to give tickets AWAY,and as far as my "WILDCATS" go,I'm referring to the basketball program Bruce,it just breaks my heart that Purdue is in a slump......... :D :D :D

My friend who wrestles for Purdue,told me to tell you to keep buying them football tickets,because the Athletic program is in the process of building them a new wrestling facility,in which will open next week,but he also said,he'de never give 25 cents for a football ticket(lol)

Whether ya like it or not Bruce,Im not much of a Purdue fan,I go to 7-10 wrestling matches a year,and thats only because I personally know the two badest kids on the team,if ya get a chance,go to the wresting forum for Purdue,and look up Douglas Withstandely(149lber) from Jackson,New Jersey,and Ben Wissel(184lber) from Richmond,Indiana,these are 2 great kids,who work hard to be all americans,these 2 young men are both red-shirt seniors,and cant wait to get out of West Lafayette,Rico you're gonna have to invite me to the honey hole,when Crappie66 goes,so we can turn em into a S.E.C. fan,I know why these 2 kids went to Purdue,they offered the best scholarship for em,anyway Bruce,have a good time this weekend in West Lafayette this weekend and be safe,

Jimmy Lang

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #77 on: Oct 05, 2005, 04:43 PM »
how about a fishing report?

all the fish i have been catching lately are biting on boilermakers...hey bruce i wouldnt harass you on the ice(fingers crossed behind my back)!!!! ;D 

jimmy, i gotta get you there!

bruce have a good time this week-end  and be safe.   hope the boilers pull one out for ya ...drink one (or twenty) for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

terrieb80

« Reply #78 on: Oct 07, 2005, 07:04 AM »
Hey guys....I got an open seat in my boat for tommorrow morning.  My plan is to hit the Muskie up on Webster.  If anyone is interested in joining you can email me at [email protected].  If you email me a phone number, I will call in the evening.

I have plenty of gear!  Just need someone else so as not to be the only one in the boat trying to muscle in a 40-50in. fish!!  Crappie...you interested? 

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #79 on: Oct 07, 2005, 12:37 PM »
I would be, however, I am leaving here in about an hour to go back down to West Lafayette for another BOILERMAKER football game.  Thanks for the offer though, will have to take you up on it another time, I have never caught a muskie but sure would love to.

GO PURDUE!!!!!!

asphalt_kid

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Anybody seen my ice auger?????
« Reply #80 on: Oct 09, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Bruce I think it is time that you came over to the ranks of the proud and support a winning team............................................. ....

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rico pop the top on another beer , them vols lost again but to a Top 5 team.
d**n them Dawgs

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #81 on: Oct 09, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Alright I am going to concede.  The Boilermakers suck this year, I don't know what has happened.  Well actually I know what has happened, we don't have a good quarterback who can lead a team, he reminds me of Brandon Hance from a few years ago.  Kirsh has got to be one of the worst qb's in the nation, he obviously has no confidence in his arm, because he never throws deep, even when players are open, and he knows before he snaps the ball where he is going to throw the ball even before reading coverages and seeing who else is open, case in point his interception in the endzone this past Saturday, Charles Davis was triple covered and he still tried to lob it in there, that throw there is enough to take away his scholarship, he is absolutely horrible.  What I don't get is why Tiller is keeping him in, the season is shot, so how about putting in a backup to get him ready for next season.   

The other key problem is that the defense can't cover the pass, against ND they were able to cover but couldn't stop the play when the ball was caught by doing a basic fundamental tackle, I know it is easy to sit on the side and say this, but they are Big Ten football players they have got to know how to tackle.   This past week, I can't even count how many times Purdue held Iowa to third and long, and before you know it a receiver is wide open across the middle with not a man on him.  I would also like to see Tiller change up the lineup and get some younger guys in there, get them ready for next year.  The only positive thing I have seen is their ability to stop the run up the middle, and Bernard Pollard, he is an excellent player, I don't think I have seem him blow a play yet, he will be a Sunday afternoon player that's for sure.  On the defense, I truely do not now what the big problem is, they returned all defensive starters from last year, which did well.

So there it is I admit Purdue is horrible this year, but I will still bleed black and gold, and support them whether they win or lose, just please get me a new QB.  I am going to attempt to make it back down to West Lafayette for one more game this season, more than likely the Michigan State game, Nov. 5. 

By the way, this coming Saturday, GO IRISH.  For this one game I want ND to put it on U$C.

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #82 on: Oct 10, 2005, 05:48 PM »
man brother i know the feeling(just opened a beer KID) my season is over, dang dawgs.  the way i see it, after my vols get stomped by 'bama(how many top ten teams must we play?) we will go limping into south bend for another major ace whoppin'.  when does the college b-ball season start?   :'( :'( :'(

asphalt_kid

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Anybody seen my ice auger?????
« Reply #83 on: Oct 10, 2005, 08:27 PM »
Roll Tide  Roll Tide

GO IRISH

Rico I still got a cold one for ya and them "Honey Hole" crappies if you think they can take another massacre from the kid?

terrieb80

« Reply #84 on: Oct 10, 2005, 10:07 PM »
Well, while you guys are sitting around dreaming of the college days I hit the Indiana Muskie waters.  Saw several, had one hang out at the boat long enough, I almost ask her if she wanted a smoke.  Anyways, Muskie were not very hungry.  I did get a 6lb. 8oz. bass last night though!  I f I knew how to post a picture on here I would share it!

Good luck if you get out!

slimjim7461

« Reply #85 on: Oct 11, 2005, 08:16 AM »
Did I hear NCAA Basketball ;) :- ;)............can't wait,Im ready to get the flag out.................go UK Wildcats

YR bender

« Reply #86 on: Oct 11, 2005, 03:21 PM »
Hey Kid, good to know you are still kicking on this website.  I got a ride and some chow if Rico would welcome one more on the "Honey Hole!!!!"

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #87 on: Oct 11, 2005, 04:20 PM »
roll tide?   come on now kid that aint fair!  by seasons end we will have played every team in the top ten...that is why we will struggle to get to 7-4.  i say fire the coach and let the women's basketball coach take charge of the football program!

will let you fellas know when the ice is thick and ready to go. i dont know how the bite will be since the kid might have caught them all last year!  just remember one thing...i will still be wearing tennessee orange and paying for fishing lessons!!!!!!and yes....drinking beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!beat the condoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #88 on: Oct 12, 2005, 02:26 AM »
Rico, you drink beer while fishing????

slimjim7461

« Reply #89 on: Oct 12, 2005, 07:05 AM »
DOES HE DRINK BEER WHILE FISHING................ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o ::) ::) ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.