FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pedestal suspension systems  (Read 1648 times)

yellowned

Pedestal suspension systems
« on: May 04, 2021, 12:53 PM »
I need your help and or opinions. 42 years working on a factory floor has ruined my back .
It's time to invest in a pedestal suspension system for my Lund boat. Hopefully it will help
in rough water traveling. I'm looking at the smooth ride air and the air wave systems.
Anyone use either one of these products and could recommend or give me their opinion.
thanks to all in advance for your input!

Snitch#8

Re: Pedestal suspension systems
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 10:31 AM »
I have never used the smooth move system but I sure would like too!  I do know a few things about it though.   I know Babe Winkelman endorses it so it must work pretty dang good.  I would think any kind of suspension seating would work better for a bad back then just having a seat on a pedestal.  I also  believe the smooth move system actually has a scissor and hydraulic piston system.  Another thing I know for sure is that they aren't cheap!  If you decide to try it out, please get back on here and let the rest of us know how things worked out for you.  Thanks!
As Always, Take Care and Stay Safe!

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 12:09 PM »
Too much rebound in Smoothmoves and others.
You are constantly bouncing up and down.
I've ridden on Smoothmoves and a couple others.

Airwaves are NOT cheap...........but worth every penny.
I owned one and sold it after I ditched the Lund.
I shoulda put it onto my Trophy.

https://www.airwavepedestal.com/

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 05:18 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

You're welcome.

FYI - You can modify an existing post of your own by clicking the "modify" link on the upper right corner of a post.

Snitch#8

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 10:14 AM »
Thnx for the info.  And, the airwave system is twice as much as the smooth moves, but if they work better and the end result is a much better ride, It would be worth it for anyone with a bad back.  I have had a disk removed from my lower back and two out of my neck.  I still have two more to have fixed in my neck.  Sooooooooo, anything I can do to make my fishing trips more enjoyable is a plus for me and money well spent!  Thnx again!
As Always, Take Care and Stay Safe!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.