FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Conway lake  (Read 3555 times)

Digs

Re: Conway lake
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Plenty of parking next to the lot..about 4 or 5 spots ..you can also find spots up the road ..a couple of pull offs ..fished a tourney there two weeks ago ..pretty good bite ..in a few years bsss tourneys will be obsolete ..we are really the ones messing it up because there are too many clubs ..we tend to cause a mess at the ramp snd steal spots ..it’s too bad because most clubs are courteous but when you see a bunch of boats sitting around the launch it’s not a good look
Yeah there is a decent amount of spots road side for both of those lakes.

bikrsrule

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2021, 05:51 PM »
I want to thank everyone for the info and I am totally with you on the piss poor access to "OUR" lakes, I took a ride by ossipee lake the other day, the state ramp in on rt 25, who the hell knows how far you have to navigate some creek to get to the lake, then I went to the other "public" ramp, ya, you can launch on the sandy part for free but you still have to pay to park your rig. Lets get back to winnie also, there is a great launch at Glendale but its owned by the town of gilford, even in the spring when not even half of the parking is being utilized dont even think of parking there, $50  for 1st offence..who knows how much for the 2nd...On a better lighter note, I did stop by Great East lake boat launch which is in the state of Maine..real nice facility, plenty of parking and NO fees...Guess you know where I am fishing...Just a FYI, I dont usually fish that far east since I live in Concord but I have to be over in Milton for a few days so I figured I would check out some of the spots I never would go that far to try..Again thank you all for your input..

swnoel

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 05:30 AM »
Its all about $$$
Once again the money is trying to privatize another lake. There is a token of sorts in that document that says trailer parking is allowed on the road. How long do you think that will last? The Conway pd will have to bring that to an end for public safety reasons.

NHFG is doing a dreadful job on access. Why do they continue stocking trout and salon in lakes with limited or no access.

We can all make a list of lakes we can't access and it keeps growing. Look at Winni. That launch in alton is a joke with only 30 parking spots.

Isn't it time to take our lakes back?  If we organize all of the anglers in the state and demand change we can make a difference. All lakes greater than 10 acres (unless the waters are within the property owners boundry) belong to the people of the state of NH and not the wealthy and lakes associations.

End of rant
John
The state has failed the public for decades, many are just realizing it now. The stocking program is a joke too!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 07:07 AM »
Plenty of parking next to the lot..about 4 or 5 spots ..you can also find spots up the road ..a couple of pull offs ..fished a tourney there two weeks ago ..pretty good bite ..in a few years bsss tourneys will be obsolete ..we are really the ones messing it up because there are too many clubs ..we tend to cause a mess at the ramp snd steal spots ..it’s too bad because most clubs are courteous but when you see a bunch of boats sitting around the launch it’s not a good look

Well, anyone that actually fishes a decent amount shouldn't be suprised when there is a tourney, I always check the lake I am planning to fish for the day on the NHF&G website. But I will admit there a lot of weekends where there are so many tourneys that I have to go find something else to do. When there are tourneys on every single, big coldwater lake in the state on a given weekend I get a little frustrated! But it gives me a day to go hone my skills on the salt.

jibbs

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 03:56 PM »
Well, anyone that actually fishes a decent amount shouldn't be suprised when there is a tourney, I always check the lake I am planning to fish for the day on the NHF&G website. But I will admit there a lot of weekends where there are so many tourneys that I have to go find something else to do. When there are tourneys on every single, big coldwater lake in the state on a given weekend I get a little frustrated! But it gives me a day to go hone my skills on the salt.
I here ya..I do the same and I tourney fish ..like I mentioned way too many clubs ..it’s out of control ..I’m going to keep doing them because I want other peoples money 😜 but it will all come to an end soon..it’s too bad because they are a ton of fun but the chaos is off the charts ..I think they should limit permits from open water till the spawn and then from after Labor Day till ice ..gives plenty of space for summer folks to e joy their water ..my two cents of course
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

zwiggles

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 06:29 PM »

Perhaps I have been lucky, but I can think of several instances where I showed up on a derby/club day (very early AM as well) at a launch and the group couldn’t have been more helpful. They let me/us cut their launch line, helped tie up our boat, park etc.

I can see where it’s tough coming back in, but I kind of like it when a bunch of other fisherman are parking their trailers around mine. I haven’t had one of them take a swipe at my truck/trailer and not leave a note, but the average clueless boater on the other hand....

I mean we used to suffer the pains of the “casual” boater every weekend during the summer when Alton Bay had a working launch. You can see 10 boats launch and park in a matter of minutes at 5am on July 10th, but for some reason for some reason come noon time the same day it takes an act of Congress to just get OFF the lake, and clear a parking spot  8)

Any public ramp should fully expect a snafu during any busy period regardless of a club, or anything like that. Just be patient, or pay for a private launch and park.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 07:07 AM »
I've had the same experience Zwiggles, Jibbs was there... at Sunapee they were all staged up, ready to launch and they sent me to the front of the line. It made sure I got a space in the pi$$ poor parking situation at the 6th largest lake in the State. Was real appreciative of that.

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2021, 08:17 AM »
The state has failed the public for decades, many are just realizing it now. The stocking program is a joke too!

Why I hardly fish in NH. 

Steve H.

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2021, 09:17 AM »
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.