FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Strippers are running  (Read 2185 times)

woodchip1

Strippers are running
« on: May 12, 2021, 12:50 PM »
Strippers are  scoolers are running a lot bigger

ICEHOLE

Re: Strippers are running
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 01:23 PM »
Which club? Never seen a stripper run. In heels and everything?
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 03:10 PM »
I love going to see the strippers after a good day of striper fishing.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 03:12 PM »
I love going to see the strippers after a good day of striper fishing.

;D

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 03:49 PM »
What scared them? They’re usually pretty fearless.

This is an annual thing by the way. I mean. “Strippers vs Stripers”

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 06:01 PM »
What scared them? They’re usually pretty fearless.

This is an annual thing by the way. I mean. “Strippers vs Stripers”

Rg

Im sure you remember that old thread about.  "I bought the wife a new stripper pole for the boat" .. 8)     :laugh: :laugh:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

regulator

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 06:35 PM »
Strippers are  scoolers are running a lot bigger

OK, Ill bite...I like my strippers on the smaller side! LOL!

Chip, no offense just funny the things that tickle a bunch of guys!

Stickbait

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 06:41 PM »
There is a certain satisfaction from watching the spring stripper run!!
Thx for the chuckle WC 🤪

fish wayniac

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 07:46 PM »
It won’t be long now the Stripes will show up. My Water taxi captain saw Pogies and porpoise today in Casco bay.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 07:21 AM »
OK, Ill bite...I like my strippers on the smaller side! LOL!

Chip, no offense just funny the things that tickle a bunch of guys!

Oh come on, fat strippers need love too.

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Hahah checked back in had a great belly laugh.  I hope all of our Maine friends have a tremendous striper season. 

I learned a trick for the bait guys.  You need a bait needle, black rubber bands and a 9/0 circle.  Rubber band goes in the bait needle.  Send the needle through the top of the Mac or bunker eye socket.  Take the two ends on each side of the bait and loop them around the circle.  Twist the circle three times and then put the hook point under the rubber band where it initially goes through.  Make sure the hook point is facing forward.  This will allow the hook to ride above the bunker or mackeral head right between the eyes.

taxid

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 09:00 AM »
  Im sure you remember that old thread about.  "I bought the wife a new stripper pole for the boat" .. 8)     :laugh: :laugh:

;D

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

zwiggles

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 11:40 AM »
Hahah checked back in had a great belly laugh.  I hope all of our Maine friends have a tremendous striper season. 

I learned a trick for the bait guys.  You need a bait needle, black rubber bands and a 9/0 circle.  Rubber band goes in the bait needle.  Send the needle through the top of the Mac or bunker eye socket.  Take the two ends on each side of the bait and loop them around the circle.  Twist the circle three times and then put the hook point under the rubber band where it initially goes through.  Make sure the hook point is facing forward.  This will allow the hook to ride above the bunker or mackeral head right between the eyes.

This ^

I went on a charter last year, and the guide was kind enough to show this exact technique. It worked awesome once I figured out to not set the hook on the circle.

lowaccord66

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 02:59 PM »
Circle hooks blow unless you are trolling.  I'll take the ticket and use an octopus hook.  I have years of experience with both fishing live eels and when you gut hook stripers with circle hooks you are not getting the circle hook out.  Many will experience this specifically those fishing from shore.  But hey what can you expect from the ASMFC...these are the same guys that banned inshore dragging during the spawning period last year and now they want to reconsider. They reduced the rec harvest by 50% but look at the commercial harvest it didn't see a huge cut, fluke draggers still have to toss striper by catch and it isn't counted towards the commercial quota (ever see 30 miles of dead stripers, I have)...anyways I could go on but like I said many will learn how terrible it is to try to get one out....they work much better if you are towing a live bait from a boat and that rigging technique exposes more of the hook. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.