FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513855 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3720 on: Jul 19, 2020, 04:30 PM »
That’s an interesting gauge. What brand is it? Mine’s just a cheap one from Lowe’s. I already question how accurate it might be.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3721 on: Jul 21, 2020, 05:59 AM »
I have 4’ tall cherry tomato plants, poorly maintained for a week due to camping. They are littered with green tomatoes and yellow flower buds. Other tomato plants growing well, many green tomatoes.

But no red tomatoes to date.

I was thinking I lost my green thumb, taking last year off from gardening. Then I heard of a local teacher who has over 100 tomato plants, primarily to make sauce. She too has no green tomatoes.

I plan on trimming some of the plants tonight to see if it makes a difference.

Hot peppers of all varieties are doing well. So too are the green beans.

Pickles and cucumbers have struggled but are starting to come alive.

Can’t wait to harvest more than just green beans!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3722 on: Jul 21, 2020, 06:39 AM »
I also have a ton of green tomatoes. Already put up some refrigerator pickles and harvested my radishes. Plan on putting in my green and wax beans this week. Have to fence off the two beds I’m going to use. Never seen so many rabbits around here. I’m going to use poultry netting to keep the little buggers out of the beans. One resides in my garden. I almost ran him over the other day backing my tractor out.

He comes popping out when I water in the morning. He goes a few feet and gives me a dirty look. Hasn’t bothered any of my other plants so, he’s still a cute little bugger.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3723 on: Jul 21, 2020, 07:06 AM »

Pet today dinner tomorrow 😉
The grand children picked my waxed beans and cukes ,and watered the garden , don’t think mom and dad will get much lol , and sent them home with a couple jars of pickles

taxid

« Reply #3724 on: Jul 21, 2020, 08:06 AM »
That’s an interesting gauge. What brand is it? Mine’s just a cheap one from Lowe’s. I already question how accurate it might be.

Rg

The description says Stratus Precision Rain Gauge.

I go it on Ebay.

Says it's built to "United States Weather Bureau standards."
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3725 on: Jul 21, 2020, 10:35 AM »
Thanks, ill check that out.
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3726 on: Jul 21, 2020, 12:43 PM »
Been picking tomatoes every day.. 

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3727 on: Jul 21, 2020, 01:01 PM »
In the gardens or the greenhouses?

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3728 on: Jul 21, 2020, 01:11 PM »
My garden and my patio tomatoes. ..
 Nothing but mums and about 100 hanging baskets of petunias in the greenhouses .    It was a 100% better season than what everyone was expecting.   Just hope the mums sell as well... ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

seamonkey84

« Reply #3729 on: Jul 21, 2020, 01:20 PM »
I had one grape tomato ripen for me and two more smaller ones coming along. I think the heat we had for the last three days helped that along, but my raspberries didn’t like it very much. My few pepper plants are coming along nicely, Serrano has one that looks like it’s about to start ripening, and I’m seeding flower buds forming on my Thai chili and ghost pepper. The ghost pepper is going inside for the winter for sure, not sure about the others but I might have room.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3730 on: Jul 21, 2020, 02:27 PM »
Lots of cherry tomatoes,  big tomatos, picking all kinds of peppers, cucumbers and zucchinis...  Things are growing well..

gotagetm

« Reply #3731 on: Jul 21, 2020, 03:08 PM »
dang!!!!!!!!! nice raq

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3732 on: Jul 21, 2020, 03:22 PM »
Thanks.
 Patio tomatoes went crazy like everything else on the back deck.  Its a jungle out there...

filetandrelease

« Reply #3733 on: Jul 21, 2020, 03:46 PM »

Everything looks great Dom ,

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3734 on: Jul 21, 2020, 04:04 PM »
Thanks buddy..
The raised beds from both ends. Cant see much..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.