FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: If you had a state to pick from to live or retire in for the fishing  (Read 5500 times)

taxid

Where would you go?  Or would you remain in your own state?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

filetandrelease

Lots of  options here in my part of NY,

Mac Attack

Florida
Fresh and saltwater
And no effin snow

Johnnh

My home is New Hampshire
Lakes, ponds, rivers, Atlantic, and close to Vt, Me, N.Y., and Canada

Open water, ice and salt water fishing

gotagetm

love this state FOR the cold and ice
second choice would be Oregon
Columbia river for eyes and sturgeon with a open season also steelhead and coastal waters for all that swims there plus elk!!!!!!!!!!!

taxid

love this state FOR the cold and ice
second choice would be Oregon
Columbia river for eyes and sturgeon with a open season also steelhead and coastal waters for all that swims there plus elk!!!!!!!!!!!

What state would "this state" be?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

gotagetm

Sorry upstate NY

fishinjohn

I say NY.. if you really think about it we have a phenomenal fishery...
Lake erie, chautauqua, onieda for unmatched walleye fishing.. lake Erie for huge spring cats,  steelhead,smallmouth
Ontario salmon fishing
Perch fishing on Erie and ontario
Musky fishing on the lower niagra and chautauqua
Head to adirondacks for some awesome pike fishing or pulaski to fish salmon
Or the susquhana for smallmouth and musky...
I know there are alot of great places in NY to fish but these are just a few

filetandrelease

Well said fishinjohn plus spring browns Ontario , finger lakes LL

lowaccord66

I couldn't pick one. As I continue to age I lust for trips that are further and further away. I will agree that NY has an amazing fishery that could keep me busy for life.  Lets not forget the amazing coastal fishery as well!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Right here in RI. The variety of saltwater life is amazing. Fluke, tautog, striped bass, seabass, bluefish, bonito, albies, cod, trigger fish, king fish, sea trout,  mahi mahi, blue fin and yellow fin, several shark varieties, lobster, blue shell crabs and other types, and quahog, oysters and steamers. Basically my supermarket. Freshwater fishing is also amazing for panfish, bass, trout and pike in both lakes and ponds as well as rivers and streams. Then we also have great hunting for upland birds, small game, turkey and deer. Shrooming is also nothing less than amazing. Small state with big value. Also a stone throw away from other great states.
Wicked Wec

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Lots of  options here in my part of NY,

Lots of options anywhere in NY. I can't count the body's of water, rivers or streams I can be on in a one hour radius from my home in Macedon.

Sorry Mac, been to Fla. many times. Alright place to visit....wouldn't live there if it was free.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

Lots of options anywhere in NY. I can't count the body's of water, rivers or streams I can be on in a one hour radius from my home in Macedon.

Sorry Mac, been to Fla. many times. Alright place to visit....wouldn't live there if it was free.

Rg

No biggie.
Less people there when I get there in two.

No state income tax there either.
So you can afford a larger boat, or a couple dozen charters.

SLAYERFISH

I cant stand humidity. Freekin hate it.  That said Ill just stay out west I do quite well in Colorado, you can open water fish and ice fish on the same day.  300 days of dry sunshine a year hard to beat that, great fishing in all the surrounding states as well.

No slush!

fishinator

Anywhere but northwest indiana.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.