FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Esox Needs your Help!!  (Read 2213 times)

esox slayer

Esox Needs your Help!!
« on: Jul 04, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Guys..how do I get my avatar changed to the correct size??  I downloaded photobucket this afternoon and reduced this pic at left as far down as I could, thought I had it the right size....who knows about this stuff anyway??

All I could find on photobucket was the way to reduce the size of the original pic....isn't there a spot I can choose to make the pic the size I want??  I think it's irfanview that allows you to choose the size of the pic you want by typing in the size yourself, not just "reducing the original"......

this pic at left is supposed to be reduced to 120x160...looks bigger than that to me.......thanks for any help....Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

esox slayer

Re: Esox Needs your Help!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2006, 06:40 PM »
OK..I deleted the picture I had originally planned on using for my avatar, and downloaded another one onto photobucket.  The one I have on there now is sized at 644x483...and my only options for resizing, according to photobucket are 75, or 50 or 25% of the original, none of these options takes it down to 120x120 as I need for the avatar, and there are no other options I see to choose.

What am I missing??  Esox

pirkaus

• Have you ever been too drunk to fish?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2006, 06:54 PM »
The best way to do it is in photoshop, adobe,photoimpression, or what ever you have
Size the picture there then send it to photo bucket
I can do it and I'm a computer idiot :rotflol:
If the rule is 5 fish or 5 pounds, what if the 5th fish weighs 5 pounds?

Niffken

• Tournament Plastic Baits Niffken.com
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2006, 06:57 PM »
the best free picture editor is www.irfanview.com I use it everyday, very powerful for being free.  You can resize multiple pictures at the same time using the batch conversion. Its very easy to use.
Some People are like slinkies... they are not really good for anything, but... they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

esox slayer

« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2006, 07:03 PM »
Thanks Niffken...I had irfanview on my old puter and then everybody here is talking about photobucket so thats what I DL'ed.  Think I'll drop this PB and load Irfanview..I did like it when using it before....thanks for your help......Esox

esox slayer

« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2006, 07:44 PM »
Got it now...thanks to all who responded...Esox

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.