FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 517297 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4155 on: Apr 13, 2021, 05:36 PM »
Bob we open may 1st but I won’t be there till the 3rd. Be camping the week before. One last hurrah before things really get busy..  And the 5th I won’t be in till noon .  Got another cardiologist appointment that morning..
  So looking forward to seeing you again..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4156 on: Apr 13, 2021, 05:38 PM »
Beekeeper and PP thank you..

Garlic looks great cny..👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4157 on: Apr 13, 2021, 05:40 PM »
My partner Deb has been planting stuff like mad, I think they have 15 greenhouses. They doubled their vegetables this year. They had to close 2 weeks early last year, sold everything to the walls. They open this weekend.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4158 on: Apr 13, 2021, 10:52 PM »
Couple more weeks Dom and my Bride and I are taking a ride.
Started seeds for Cardinal Climbers the other day. They’ve sprouted and I’ve planted them and moved them to the trough planter to get started.

Spinach is going crazy and we’ll be munching some of that ....probably tomorrow.

Garlic is over a foot high now. Parsley I left in last fall came back. Had no idea it would be perennial.

Rg

Rg , if you get a chance would you post some pictures of your trough planter . I can't find the ones you posted last year .  Thank you

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4159 on: Apr 14, 2021, 02:55 PM »
I’ll do that.

Picked the first spinach for dinner tonight.

Can’t wait.  Meat loaf is on the Weber along with some “screwed” red potatoes.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4160 on: Apr 14, 2021, 03:08 PM »
It’s modeled after a Veg Trug trough planter....sort of.

The cold weather cover is hinged and opens by means of a temperature actuated piston. It’s a wax filled cylinder that raises a piston as it expands with heat. Not at all expensive. Around $25 as I recal.

I’ll skip the description and answer any questions you might have.

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4161 on: Apr 15, 2021, 01:39 PM »
Thank you

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4162 on: Apr 15, 2021, 01:50 PM »
You’re welcome.
Mine is 30x72. The trough is V shaped. I made most of it with pressure treated 1x6 fence pickets. The legs are 2x4 PT. It holds a lot of soil. If you build one make sure you have a good foundation. I set mine on the ground and had to empty it the second year to put patio blocks under the legs.

You’re a good builder. You shouldn’t have any problem putting one together.

Bob

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4163 on: Apr 15, 2021, 01:53 PM »
And....on another note...my asparagus popped up. A couple big fat purple stalks starting. Cant wait to steam up some fresh asparagus.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4164 on: Apr 18, 2021, 12:02 PM »
  Tomatoes 🍅 are getting blossoms.. ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4165 on: Apr 18, 2021, 01:07 PM »
In the greenhouse I suppose.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4166 on: Apr 18, 2021, 01:17 PM »
Yes sir... ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4167 on: Apr 18, 2021, 02:18 PM »
Did I ever tell you you cheat!

Well, at least I have spinach in my trough planter.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4168 on: Apr 19, 2021, 10:33 AM »
Lots of gardening this morning. 18 bags of mulch to spruce things up, ran around with the weed whacker and trimmed, prepped the potato beds and pulled a bunch of weeds.

Another dozen bags of mulch and I’ll be good.

Not planting anything yet....some cold weather is on its way. I’ll probably have to cover the tulips and such. Looks like a last blast though. I’m ready to put potatoes in the ground.

Rg

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4169 on: Apr 21, 2021, 09:29 PM »
I've had quite a few people asking about the garden boxes i was making last year, so i started making some to poss. sell .   I'm definately going to make a version of RG's covered trough garden box too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.