FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 151661 times)

Beekeeper1099

Re: The Little Wood Shop 2019
« Reply #870 on: Mar 17, 2021, 01:58 PM »
Really nice

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #871 on: Mar 17, 2021, 02:32 PM »

Can't remember if I posted this,but I made a good friend of mines wife an early Easter present.  Mahogany and cherry

What a wonderful piece of art!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #872 on: Mar 17, 2021, 04:01 PM »
Finished a couple replacement trellises today.

I’ll have to make a few adjustments. Kind of threw it together and it’s a little wonky. The old clematis towers were falling down so....time for something else.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #873 on: Mar 17, 2021, 04:23 PM »
Looks good. The clematis should climb those nicely

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #874 on: Mar 17, 2021, 04:40 PM »
Hope so. Some critter ate last years vines off at the base. I think they’ll come up just fine. In the center I plan on growing some Cardinal Climbers for our hummingbirds. It should work....I hope.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #875 on: Mar 17, 2021, 04:44 PM »
We have a couple clematis that I need to relocate. They are on a corner fence near my driveway that needs to come out. They got placed on the north side of the house and never get enough sun.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #876 on: Mar 17, 2021, 05:21 PM »
They like the sun for sure. We did 4 varieties when we planted them. They’ve been really prolific. Hoping they come back strong this year.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #877 on: Mar 29, 2021, 03:02 PM »
Did a little wood working this weekend.  Cut out this big carrot so my bride could paint it..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #878 on: Mar 29, 2021, 03:04 PM »
A very cool collaboration. 👍

Bob

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #879 on: Mar 29, 2021, 10:29 PM »
Looks great

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #880 on: Apr 21, 2021, 02:44 PM »
Well, I took the plunge. I’ve secured a space at our local farm and craft market. It’s a nice little operation that my Bride and I have frequented for years. A good group of vendors, food trucks, special events and lots of locals.

My goal, with my son, is to sell some of the things we make. He’s a very talented artist. Wish I could show you his “on demand” pencil sketches of pets and people.

Applied for my NYS resale tax certificate to satisfy the town’s requirements. It also gives me access to other craft shows should we  decide to pursue those avenues.

It’s a different sort of thing for me, but, I’m looking at it as a part time job. For years I’ve known that I’m the best boss I’ve ever had. I never complain about me taking a day off to go fishing or starting work late....or leaving early....or taking a mid day nap.

If nothing else it’s a good bit of time spent with my Son.

Priceless!

Rg

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #881 on: Apr 21, 2021, 03:03 PM »
That’s great Bob!
You guys will do great. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #882 on: Apr 21, 2021, 03:25 PM »
Nothing better than doing things with your son Bob.  You two have so much in common..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #883 on: Apr 21, 2021, 03:27 PM »
Yeah Dom...sorry I did that to him. Really he’s my second best friend. (I had to say that...my Bride might be watching)

Thanks Matt. If we make a bit to support the hobby, I’ll be happy. I’m really hoping my Son gets some interest. He does some amazing stuff. Send him a picture of your dog or cat or kid or whatever , and he does an incredible sketch to print however you like.

Whipped up a few bird house ornaments for the display today.

Good to have a hobby or three when you’re retired.

Rg

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #884 on: Apr 21, 2021, 09:24 PM »
That's awesome RG , i wish you and your son luck. I've been debating on doing the same thing. I'm hoping to be retired very soon and I've had many friends tell me i should be selling the things I make . My younger son is an amazing photographer and showing interest in woodworking. He said he'd be interested in working with me. I'm going to work on my picture frame skills. As you said, it will be a great way to spend time withh my son.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.