FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: trolling plate  (Read 2960 times)

Mac Attack

Re: trolling plate
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2019, 11:49 AM »
UPDATE,  I have had my boat out a couple times and i finally tried turning down the idle last evening, worked well, idles down to 1.4mph according to gps..Works great, I was trolling for trout but all i got were white perch..oh well..fish r fish, thanks again for everyones help..

Awesome!
Glad it worked for you.

zwiggles

« Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2019, 01:50 PM »
UPDATE,  I have had my boat out a couple times and i finally tried turning down the idle last evening, worked well, idles down to 1.4mph according to gps..Works great, I was trolling for trout but all i got were white perch..oh well..fish r fish, thanks again for everyones help..

I prefer slow trolling in the spring, and with bait, but this time of year as it warms up I like to bump the speed for bows and salmon. I’ve hooked salmon in the prop wash going over 3mph in the fall.

bikrsrule

« Reply #17 on: Jul 12, 2019, 03:54 AM »
Back in the late 90's I used to do alot of trolling and did very well.Then other things in life put that to the side but now I am getting back into it, been trolling lead line to reach the fish but not having alot of luck but at least I am fishing..BTW, the white perch I was getting were too small for eating..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.