FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another Q Trip  (Read 2399 times)

Baitbucket

Another Q Trip
« on: May 09, 2020, 02:54 PM »
Took another walk with Allan yesterday after noon down to the Q. With the winds predicted to be 15-20 with gusts up to 30, we figured that was the best bet. Rather than take the canoe out on the river lol.

I was able to land a fat 5lb laker by working a jig similar to how i would from my boat. And a feisty smallie as well. The wind was what they said it would be and more. With 3ft waves crashing the shore line, i wasnt sure if i was at the Q or surf fishing lol..

It was a good time as always, and it felt nice to get out and catch some fish at the Q.

taxid

Re: Another Q Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 02:57 PM »
Took another walk with Allan yesterday after noon down to the Q. With the winds predicted to be 15-20 with gusts up to 30, we figured that was the best bet. Rather than take the canoe out on the river lol.

I was able to land a fat 5lb laker by working a jig similar to how i would from my boat. And a feisty smallie as well. The wind was what they said it would be and more. With 3ft waves crashing the shore line, i wasnt sure if i was at the Q or surf fishing lol..

It was a good time as always, and it felt nice to get out and catch some fish at the Q.

That's awesome. Not a lot of inland lakes where you can catch a nice laker and smallmouth from shore other than the really big lakes.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishsluggos

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 03:00 PM »
Nice report!

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 03:05 PM »
Congrats both very much quality fish. Only good thing about the wind no black fly’s.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 03:35 PM »
The wind was howling so bad we just about had to yell to talk and the wave soaked both of us to the knees and we both fished from rocks well above the water. The water was up from last week making night fishing tough, to say the least.
A good time as always!

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 06:00 PM »
nice fish Wil :thumbup_smilie:

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 06:28 PM »
Awesome.

Baitbucket

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 07:47 PM »
Thanks guys.

Lakers are a funny fish, some fight great, other come in without a fuss.

This one swam right in, no big deal, like it had been caught 100 times and knew it would be let go lol.

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 07:16 AM »
They are weird like that for sure. Until you get into the big ones.  They fight pretty good.  Healthy fish though.  You can see how high the water is.

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 02:46 PM »
Come on Will just a little bit of a smile, nice fish man.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 07:25 PM »
Thanks guys.

Lakers are a funny fish, some fight great, other come in without a fuss.

This one swam right in, no big deal, like it had been caught 100 times and knew it would be let go lol.

The few I have caught in a inland lake here twisted around and around on the end of the line. Have you ever had them do that?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Baitbucket

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 08:14 PM »
The few I have caught in a inland lake here twisted around and around on the end of the line. Have you ever had the do that?

Oh yah, they love that death roll. Its even better when you net them and they do it and wrap up in the line even more.

stripernut

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 09:07 PM »
One of the best fights I ever had from a fish was a Laker. Early in the fight doing its rolls a 1/2 hitch formed over its gill plates, the harder it pulled the tighter the chokehold over its gills. In the end, it belled up at my feet, not exhausted, but dead. Lakers can fight great I think they just choose not to!

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 03:42 PM »
Wil all your photos normally have you wearing a mask and now we have coronavirus and no mask. ;D

taxid

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 09:09 PM »
Wil all your photos normally have you wearing a mask and now we have coronavirus and no mask. ;D

I think that's to protect his skin in the summer sun?

Good idea too as there are lot of people that spend a lot of time on the water that are getting skin cancer cells removed later in life on a regular basis.

A past postmaster said she laid out in the sun in a bikini when she was younger and now she is constantly having precancerous cells removed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.