FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 517892 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4545 on: Feb 26, 2022, 02:03 PM »
Sulcata ..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4546 on: Feb 26, 2022, 02:24 PM »
Just watched a couple videos on the Sulcata. Very cool indeed.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

iceman260

« Reply #4547 on: Feb 26, 2022, 08:28 PM »
That's cool do you know how old she is.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4548 on: Feb 27, 2022, 05:47 AM »
That's cool do you know how old she is.

We’re her 3rd owner and we figure she’s about 35..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4549 on: Feb 27, 2022, 12:10 PM »
Getting my sap collecting stuff out.
Will be drilling holes in maples this week.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4550 on: Feb 27, 2022, 12:22 PM »
Last time I helped make syrup on my friends farm, we tapped 2100 trees. That was a long time ago.

Thought about tapping a couple of my maples.,I’d have to hang buckets though.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4551 on: Feb 27, 2022, 12:51 PM »
I do 4 trees.   ;)

Mac Attack

« Reply #4552 on: Feb 27, 2022, 01:55 PM »
My buddy Noel does syrup

Do a search for “The Good Stuff” on FB

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4553 on: Feb 27, 2022, 02:38 PM »
I do 4 trees.   ;)
that’s about what I have here Dom. I might  headto Tractor Supply tomorrow for some splines and maybe buckets. Or maybe I’ll just order them on Amazon.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4554 on: Feb 27, 2022, 03:01 PM »
that’s about what I have here Dom. I might  headto Tractor Supply tomorrow for some splines and maybe buckets. Or maybe I’ll just order them on Amazon.
  Bob I have spiles I can send you . 
Years ago I bought a drip line kit. Put 2 taps in one bucket from one tree..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4555 on: Feb 27, 2022, 03:20 PM »
Had friends that use to make about 600 gallons a year.  Lots of work but they always had the beer fridge full for us bucket pullers.. ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4556 on: Mar 04, 2022, 04:38 PM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4557 on: Mar 05, 2022, 06:39 AM »
Signs of spring! The canal is pretty well melted off. Might just wet a line tomorrow.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #4558 on: Mar 05, 2022, 11:46 AM »
Seems to be getting close, the wife is trying to get her greenhouse up and going, just need me to move minnows out and get a heater for it, just not sure propane or electric so still a progression of being up to dom's nice spread.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4559 on: Mar 05, 2022, 02:10 PM »
My trough planter got up to 65 today. Another couple weeks and I’ll start some plants in it. Probably tomatoes with some spinach in between. My garlic is popping through the layers of leaf mulch I put down. I see tulips poking up around the flagpole. Gonna have to fence my tulips this year. Damned deer ate 2/3 of them last year. He other round planting will start popping all kinds of stuff pretty soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.