FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best lure or bait for a very vegetated pond  (Read 12896 times)

Steelhead_Hunter88

Re: Best lure or bait for a very vegetated pond
« Reply #15 on: Apr 24, 2009, 07:37 PM »
My reel says up to ten pound line my diawa an gander mountain reel

troutaddict33

« Reply #16 on: Apr 24, 2009, 07:56 PM »
My reel says up to ten pound line my diawa an gander mountain reel

braided line has a much smaller diameter... i don't know exactly but i think even 60 lb braided has the diameter of like 10lb test mono... and it casts 10 times further

Steelhead_Hunter88

« Reply #17 on: Apr 24, 2009, 08:19 PM »
well im gonna have to go with ten pound cajun line an trilene on my other pole. To soon to change now. Im gonna try a frog over the weeds an jig a minnow maybe throw a texas rig worm. Gonna have a pole out for blue gil to.

Steelhead_Hunter88

« Reply #18 on: Apr 25, 2009, 08:57 PM »
So we went out to the pond. To choppy to go on the pond fast winds  so we took the boat in the lil creek across from the pond. Threw a texas worm got a couple bass. Got one on a mepps number 4 spinner. Got one on a minnow jig. An my biggest 4 or 5 pounds caught that bad boy on my light action blue gill rod with 1 inch worm under a bobber. I see my bobber go down im like ok nice blue gil i set the hook an it was on like crazy. also got quite a few blue gil caught to.

fishermantim4

« Reply #19 on: Apr 27, 2009, 09:15 AM »
hey you caught fish all that matters
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

snapozz

« Reply #20 on: Feb 05, 2010, 04:14 PM »
a worm with no weight fished over the veg. and let it drop down in holes where there is no veg. caught some pigs that way. ::)

snapozz

« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2010, 04:15 PM »
braided line has a much smaller diameter... i don't know exactly but i think even 60 lb braided has the diameter of like 10lb test mono... and it casts 10 times further
i dont know about casting 10 times further i think i would out cast you with mono or floro.

gbrebory

« Reply #22 on: Mar 01, 2010, 09:39 PM »
i like zoom 6in super salty fluke rigged weedless like no weight unless there is a wind and then i wrap thin lead wire around the hook around 5 wraps from the eye of the hook give it twitces and watch em splash also like bass pro shops tournament series super shadee shad cause of the paddle tail no need for weight with that tho cause it has so much action.....as for colors white usually works best for me but anything light is nice

bmxrider11976

« Reply #23 on: Mar 05, 2010, 04:37 PM »
senko senko senko
IN SEARCH OF BUCKETMOUTH

troutaddict33

« Reply #24 on: Mar 05, 2010, 11:23 PM »
i dont know about casting 10 times further i think i would out cast you with mono or floro.

if you can cast 60 lb mono further than 60 lb braided then your name must be david copperfield  ::)  There's no comparison

slipperybob

« Reply #25 on: Mar 07, 2010, 12:10 AM »
if you can cast 60 lb mono further than 60 lb braided then your name must be david copperfield  ::)  There's no comparison

Mwaaahaahaaahaa...Oh I definitely can!  Mono has more weight then braid.  Your 60# braid will get you about 6 feet casting distance.  My 60# mono will get me about 16 feet casting distance.  No comparion, period.  ;D
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

troutaddict33

« Reply #26 on: Mar 07, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Mwaaahaahaaahaa...Oh I definitely can!  Mono has more weight then braid.  Your 60# braid will get you about 6 feet casting distance.  My 60# mono will get me about 16 feet casting distance.  No comparion, period.  ;D

it's apparent you've never used braid. please either buy it and use it or even do a google search before making yourself look like more of a fool.

CoreyL302

« Reply #27 on: Mar 08, 2010, 12:35 AM »
it's apparent you've never used braid. please either buy it and use it or even do a google search before making yourself look like more of a fool.
2nd

slipperybob

« Reply #28 on: Mar 08, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Apperance can be deceiving...the only fools are the one who thinks that braid will outcast mono in every situation.

You think that physics has absolutely nothing to do with casting distance.  Sure you can outcast your lures on braid...but at what weight, what lure, what braid test, and which reel?

To think at a 60# braid with about 12# mono equivalent will outcast a line of same diameter to argue a very narrow and limited point to compare against 60# mono.  Please.  ::)

I just gave a scenario to disprove you and you come back with a foolish comment like that.  Please....10 times further with braid = 10 times the foolish comment.   :D :D  You can't even get twice the distance with braid...fact, period.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

troutaddict33

« Reply #29 on: Mar 09, 2010, 08:34 AM »
ok, so clarify what you are talking about. i said 60 lb braided will cast further than 60 lb mono. You said this was untrue, though it is obviously true. Say for instance that 60 lb braid is equivalent to 16lb mono in diameter. I did not say 60 lb braid would outcast 16 lb mono. I compared lb to lb, not diameter to diameter. If you're gonna change the parameters of you're argument please clarify that. Because this sentence makes no sense...
To think at a 60# braid with about 12# mono equivalent will outcast a line of same diameter to argue a very narrow and limited point to compare against 60# mono.  Please.  ::)
Put in some commas or periods so it makes sense. I don't know what you're attempting to say

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.