FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This springs bass fishing.  (Read 4297 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
This springs bass fishing.
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:38 AM »
Since this section has been quite slow lately. I figured I'd post a spring review. It's been great fishing up here in Maine. Both large and smallmouth are hitting great. I've pulled in a 5.8, 4.7, 3-4 4 lbers, and a bunch in the 3 lb range. All were caught on either my homemade in-lines or spinnerbaits. Here are a few of the bigger ones.

paddle boat trip

roughly 4 lbs

4.7 lb off a small in-line.

Not sure what this one was thinking.

Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

bassbum0034

Re: This springs bass fishing.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Nice Looking fish. I am in Indiana and we also had a good spring. We caught a ton of 3 pounders. I believe are best day was 3 fish over 5 pounds. The fish here have finished up spawning about 2 weeks ago and are working there way back out to the main lake now. Carolina rigs are right around the corner.

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 08:04 AM »
good job.........fishing in new hampshire was great in late march and early april.......it slowed, but it is starting to pick back.........lots of smallies on beds and largies are starting to come up as well........we have had a few tournaments already in which they has been a lot of nice fish weighed in.......last weeks lunker largie went 5lbs 3 ounces..........looking forward to some stable weather........been windy and cold the last few days.........i have been catching most of my fish on smithwick floating rogue, x rap jerkbaits, and jigs.........good luck
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

JRSwillow

« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Nice Looking fish. I am in Indiana and we also had a good spring. We caught a ton of 3 pounders. I believe are best day was 3 fish over 5 pounds. The fish here have finished up spawning about 2 weeks ago and are working there way back out to the main lake now. Carolina rigs are right around the corner.
i didnt know we had bass that big in indiana LMFAO

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2010, 09:57 AM »
good job.........fishing in new hampshire was great in late march and early april.......it slowed, but it is starting to pick back.........lots of smallies on beds and largies are starting to come up as well........we have had a few tournaments already in which they has been a lot of nice fish weighed in.......last weeks lunker largie went 5lbs 3 ounces..........looking forward to some stable weather........been windy and cold the last few days.........i have been catching most of my fish on smithwick floating rogue, x rap jerkbaits, and jigs.........good luck

I actually forgot I posted this here :laugh: :laugh:
It was a great spring for sure. Lots of 3 lb fish as well. 4-5 over 4 lbs, and 3 over 5 lbs so far. Pike fishing was also good. Were in a tough spell now with the unstable weather. Hopefully it picks up a little.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

jibbs

« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2010, 05:19 PM »
just and update........the spawn in southern nh has come to end and is slowly coming to an end in the middle part.....the night bite has been off the charts........back to back fives last week........lots of topwater action right before sundown and into the night.......with the vegetation in full swing its been fun flipping pads, etc........keep up the good work
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2010, 05:23 PM »
Thats something I have to try....fishing @ night sounds like a blast. There a couple guys from maine on here that do well fishing this way.

jibbs

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Thats something I have to try....fishing @ night sounds like a blast. There a couple guys from maine on here that do well fishing this way.
i missed one a few nights ago that could of been the biggest bass i have ever seen......around midnight in the shadows.....could hear the tension on the line  and as it broke the water in the moonlight she came unbuttoned....jitterbug straight out of the package.....like to change out the regular  hooks with triple grip mustad's....

bassbum0034

« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2010, 06:33 PM »
The mats here in Indiana are full of fish right now. Frogs on the top and tubes in grass are a deadly combination right now. With the water Temps hitting 78 to 80, the fish are starting to move to gradually slopping points on the main lake. Fish a small 3 hour tourney (3 fish limit) last week and won it with 9.44 pounds and big bass which was 5.18. All these fish came off points in about 12 to 15 feet of water. We are also starting to see schools of shad roaming the the main lake with the small guys chasing them. Wont be long and the Spoons will be tied on also.

Tim Griffin

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2010, 07:06 PM »
A week ago the water temps were nearly 70 degrees, I was out yesterday, and the temp had dropped to 64 degrees. We've been having some screwy weather lately, so they've slowed down a little.

It was looking good when the temps were 68-70, they were hitting just about everything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.