FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: gear 2011  (Read 10895 times)

jibbs

gear 2011
« on: Mar 15, 2011, 08:37 PM »
just curious what everyone got for goodies for this season....
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

slipperybob

Re: gear 2011
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2011, 12:11 AM »
Just lures pretty much, and then some new lines.  Not sure what other gear as of yet.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

schmutzomatic 5000

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Yea,    line and lure's..... Got new HDS too.  What about these trolls to and clackin baits...  why do they cost five bucks more than the Husky jerk's...  ??? and now all the good colors are in these 12-14 dollar lures and not the 7-9 dollar ones.... Good ol reef runners still have great colors though...

Huck Finn

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2011, 08:57 PM »
If you want to catch Bass, use the ol' Lunker Lure Buzzbait or a plastic worm or lizard!!! The buzzbait is 3-$4 and the worm/lizard is $.50, even the $25 custom baits don't work better than these!

Bass are highly overrated and will hit just about anything... for a real challenge try Walleye... or even Crappie if you dare!

I catch so many Bass while Crappie fishing it makes me want to puke!!!... then I look over my shoulder to the guys beating the bank for bass and not catching anything and it makes me want to laff!!! :D
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day... give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2011, 07:50 PM »
i wish they would hit everything...never the case when you are busting your butt in a tourney and always looking for that 5th fish...i picked up two new rods, lures, line, and a new boat...it will be here in two weeks...first tourney is april 17th...can't wait
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

mroy44

• Never Give Up!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Got a couple duckett micro magic rods, pretty sweet.  Ive got some chatter baits that my tournament partner makes up, they really started to hit them last year!

Good fishin!!!  TED, white, and blue

Huck Finn

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2011, 06:25 PM »
i wish they would hit everything...never the case when you are busting your butt in a tourney and always looking for that 5th fish...i picked up two new rods, lures, line, and a new boat...it will be here in two weeks...first tourney is april 17th...can't wait

Here's a hint... learn how to catch bass without casting to shore!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day... give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

quantumreel

« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2011, 07:22 PM »
I fish from shore but finally go a boat. i shelle ouyt 100 bucks for a dwiai d shock combo in 7 foot with 8 lb berkley xt. i bought some stuff for trout. i bought egg weights and swivels for a trrout setup(pm if u want to know more). and becasue i cant seem to find zoom original flukes in baby bass color. i bought fin s in baby bass which is conveniant. but zooms are better. i bought the wrong baiot instead of buying the zoom u tail red shad worm i bought a version of the u tail worm only they are like 10 inch. they r hot in the summer. i guess maybe ill catch bigger fish. i bought some football head jigs and sum yum creatures that i rig in a weird way. i gotez some swivls and high quality ones. next i gotta go buy saltwater stuff and thats bout it. maybe flkyy gear if needed

PJDNYfish

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2011, 11:05 PM »
new baitcaster on the way still not sure what rod I want. Also got some line and lures for my poles

jibbs

« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Here's a hint... learn how to catch bass without casting to shore!
maybe that's the problem...thanks..

slipperybob

« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2011, 11:33 PM »
A thread about new bass gear and we get a crappie troll response.  ;D

Sometimes all the fish are after the abundant forage.  If I'm catching crappies in one area, I'm sure I will catch a bass, a pike or two, even a few walleyes and perch, and sometimes a big bluegill.  All in using pretty much crappie fishing techniques like a plastic grub under a bobber.  Still my favorite way to catch fish, slip bobbering.

jibbs

« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2011, 11:09 AM »
A thread about new bass gear and we get a crappie troll response.  ;D

Sometimes all the fish are after the abundant forage.  If I'm catching crappies in one area, I'm sure I will catch a bass, a pike or two, even a few walleyes and perch, and sometimes a big bluegill.  All in using pretty much crappie fishing techniques like a plastic grub under a bobber.  Still my favorite way to catch fish, slip bobbering.
that's the way this site works these days...95% of it is all garbage...can't post pictures without ridicule...can't tell a story without drama...oh well!..but i was lucky enough to find out that i shouldn't pound the shoreline...hope it helps... ;)

slipperybob

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2011, 06:32 AM »
The most interesting equipment that caught my attention this year is the return of Lew's Speed Spools.  I'm not interested in any new gear for myself, but the tackle junky monkey in me is screaming banana's. 

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2011, 07:51 AM »
that's the way this site works these days...95% of it is all garbage...can't post pictures without ridicule...can't tell a story without drama...oh well!..but i was lucky enough to find out that i shouldn't pound the shoreline...hope it helps... ;)

yep MFF dose seem to be spooled a little tighter than ice shanty ,but not everyone is,  thank god ,enjoy fishing no matter what it is your after , i need some more line and few new cranks and thats it ,the Mrs will finish the rest for my birthday in may  ;)

oldhuts

« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2011, 10:32 AM »

hi!folks,,its almost time,,,new casting rods,ugly stix,,nice rods,,not a ton of money..new jigs and twisters,,
hooks,,,crappie rigs,,almost ready,,regarding bass, i love my fishing,,crappie ,perch,bass,,always have a blast.
found out a long time ago,,i have more fun staying away from the ppl trying to tourney fish,,so i go w/a 7' flyrods and light weight line,,,floating weight forward...great with bumble bee and grasshopper poppers,,one with weight forward,,sinking,,,,put a silver dace minnow on and hit the currents,,what a blast,,,fishing is supposed to be fun,,,,thats why we go where the crowds aren't,,tourney guys have to work too! hard,,,and the rest just get too!serious about fishing,,good luck this year,,,,catch what you can,,,,,,,, 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.