FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First Annual Fall Gathering (This Weekend!!)  (Read 12605 times)

Baitbucket

Re: Fall Gathering?
« Reply #15 on: Oct 04, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Its a great time to meet alot of good people. I have met many great fisherman and learned alot from them.
Many of which i still fish with today.

sull155

« Reply #16 on: Oct 04, 2013, 01:45 PM »

not sure when the Chu closes this year, could be Nov 1??

Chu closes Nov 30

lavaman

« Reply #17 on: Oct 04, 2013, 01:49 PM »
im in for a nov date as well. I went there last week and got skunked. water needs to cool some more.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #18 on: Oct 04, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Chu is open until Nov 30th. A lot of shoreline by the stone church but I have had very little success there.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

BOULDERDASH

« Reply #19 on: Oct 05, 2013, 06:29 AM »
Chu is open until Nov 30th. A lot of shoreline by the stone church but I have had very little success there.
I don't know much about that spot but wouldn't the salmon be up that end of the lake in Nov

trout stalker

« Reply #20 on: Oct 05, 2013, 07:00 AM »
a good spot is the point on the scar hill side the one where ya park at the cemetery little bit  of a walk in but tons of shore line and deep water to access ive caught em there in july

deerhunter

« Reply #21 on: Oct 05, 2013, 06:35 PM »
fished the chu today. nothin. water was flat calm. walked way past the celler holes. water is still fairly high for this time of year.

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #22 on: Oct 06, 2013, 12:31 PM »
Sounds interesting, I like the chu and I equally think all spots suck there lol but it's that one day you catch the elusive monstah that keeps me trying there. :-) not sure that cemetery parking would fit many cars though. The church area sounds like a good spot. Walk the shoreline if the bite is slow there :-)

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

Baitbucket

Re: First Annual Fall Gathering
« Reply #23 on: Oct 08, 2013, 06:48 AM »
Ok looks like we are all set. I have updated the original post with all the info.  Mark your calendars fellas.

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #24 on: Oct 08, 2013, 06:22 PM »
I know that normally there is food at the gatherings but since this is at the Chu we wont be able to cook so I was thinking.  I know the owners of Cheoy Lee's and will see what kind of deal I could get on a private party buffet.  If it sounds like something you are interested let me know and I will find out what the cost would be per person.
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

bigbry068

« Reply #25 on: Oct 09, 2013, 12:04 AM »
I'm in, I'll have to pass on the buffet though.  ;D
Wettest member of the the G.O.D.S.

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #26 on: Oct 09, 2013, 04:31 AM »
I'm in, I'll have to pass on the buffet though.  ;D

Bry I'll bring a protein shake for you  ;D
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

LENZ

• Member of the G.O.D.S
« Reply #27 on: Oct 09, 2013, 06:53 AM »
6 am start time..what time is sunrise? the 'official' rule at the chu is sunrise to sunset. i have been told to leave getting there before sunrise.

burp
soft water fishin' is for softies

burp

Baitbucket

« Reply #28 on: Oct 09, 2013, 07:02 AM »
6 am start time..what time is sunrise? the 'official' rule at the chu is sunrise to sunset. i have been told to leave getting there before sunrise.

burp

I believe the official rule is 1hr before sunrise and 1hr after sun set.
By the time we have it, sunrise will be around 7-7:15. So we will be cutting it close.

2. No Person is allowed within any land of the Watershed System, except from one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset, unless authorized by a written permit from the Commission or its designee.

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcr/water-res-protection/watershed-mgmt/general-rules-and-regulations-concerns-public-use-access.html

trout stalker

« Reply #29 on: Oct 09, 2013, 09:21 AM »
fish there faithfully every year and they no longer bother you about going in when its dark just witness opening day I swear some people sleep over lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.