FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Northeastern MA Reports  (Read 19405 times)

Fisher Christy

Re: Northeastern MA Reports
« Reply #15 on: Jun 12, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Ok its official the bass are biting lures. Went today and caught four good size bass in about an hour. I had one around 3-4lbs but i lost him.

BJ

« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Fished the Merrimack River today in Lowell. The water was still about 5 feet lower than usual above the dam. We caught about 2 dozen smallies between my brother in-law and I. All small fish. All on senkos. A better day than I expected amount wise. First time out in about 2 months for me.

big big rdg

« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2006, 08:51 PM »
Went to Walden Pond today for trout and got 5 all on powerbait. Windy and cold, tough day of fishing.
FSHON!

suckerbait

« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2006, 08:02 AM »
Fished Rock Pond this morning for a few minutes. Two rainbows on spinners right off the ramp. Fish where very small, 10 inches at best.

big big rdg

« Reply #19 on: Mar 24, 2006, 10:56 AM »
Yea I have found that they havent stocked many big ones except at Walden so far. Ive been going to berry pond in north andover and only caught the 10"ers too. I am heading to Walden today after school and tomorrow prob. Ill take some pics...Good Luck
FSHON!

suckerbait

« Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2006, 07:30 AM »
Plugs and Round Pond in Haverhill have better sized fish. The rainbows are averaging 15 inches. Caught one yesterday just over 3 pounds. Fished the end of low tide this morning on the Groveland stretch of the Merrimack. Took 4 carp between 12 and 15 pounds and one smaller one. 

big big rdg

« Reply #21 on: Mar 29, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Been hitting Stiles alot over the past  week and have done well on bows and a few browns mixed in. No big bows all 9.5"-13" but had a few nice fat browns up to 14".
FSHON!

fishinfergy

« Reply #22 on: Mar 31, 2006, 05:35 PM »
stopped by a local pond while out on the quad today and ran into a ton of gill, does anyone know if they stock the Ipswich reservoir this year?

ferg
Go B's

fishinfergy

« Reply #23 on: Apr 01, 2006, 04:21 PM »
Got out again today, joined by MASSICE we came across a ton of gill mixed with small bass and got an unexpected pickerel at 19.5 inches.  Saw a good amount of people fishing also but they had not caught anything.

Ferg
Go B's

suckerbait

« Reply #24 on: Apr 07, 2006, 05:50 AM »
Fished the Sudbury River yesterday. Did pretty well with largemouths. Fish where tight to the bank in two to three feet of water. Jerk baits and jigs produced the fish. Also threw some 9 inch sluggos and big inline spinners looking for pike with no success. I did see two pike up in the shallows in the 5 to 7 pound range, but could not get them to hit. Pentucket Pond in Georgtown is also producing some nice brown trout.

fishinfergy

« Reply #25 on: Apr 15, 2006, 07:51 PM »
Got out today with massice and came up short.  Literally all bass where around 6 or 7 inches.  I dont know whats going on have not caught a decent sized fish yet this year cant find them.  All the small bass have come from Hood and Ipswich res.  Maybe the water is still a little chilly or its probly just me. 

Ferg
Go B's

fishinfergy

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2006, 02:28 PM »
Does anyone have any info on the ponds in Herald Parker state forest?  Is their bass in their? 

Ferg
Go B's

jf5

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Does anyone have any info on the ponds in Herald Parker state forest?  Is their bass in their? 

Ferg

Yes. Almost all the ponds in HP park have largemouth

mullen2525

« Reply #28 on: Jun 13, 2006, 02:41 PM »
In fact the fish are really starting to hit in a few ponds there good luck boys. . . .

anyone got any recomendations for the Methuen area for bass fishing from shore???

big big rdg

« Reply #29 on: Jun 13, 2006, 02:59 PM »
I fished Sterns a couple times last week and lost a few big fish (5+lbs) on top with a scum frog but cant really set the hook well with them. Is Fields Pond any deeper?
FSHON!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.