FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Northeastern MA Reports  (Read 19403 times)

nalegtx

Re: Northeastern MA Reports
« Reply #45 on: Sep 19, 2007, 10:16 PM »
hit the merrimack again, lots of smallies nothing over 2lbs, all jigs in the rocks. hit up round pound off shore with shiners while at lunch from work, 2 3 lb LM and thats about it

RippinLips

« Reply #46 on: Apr 16, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Fished the Shawsheen River today with success. Hit the Tewksbury section and beached two nice rainbows 14" on a Thomas spoon. Had to really work the river up and down to catch them.

BJ

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2008, 08:46 AM »
Fished Ames Pond in Tewksbury sunday. Cold and misty. I got skunked but my brother in-law caught a couple of bass and a few pickerel on spinnerbaits. Lots of weeds. Fishing should pick up in the next couple of weeks.

Joser06

• Get some!
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Fished the Shawsheen today and got a few rainbows and lost 5 more than I caught. Fished Silver Lake but found that it is a lake lake better fished in a boat...

Joser06

• Get some!
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 01:28 PM »
Hit the Shawsheen again today and got another rainbow and missed two other fish. Only fished for 20-25 minutes.

Joser06

• Get some!
Northern Pike in the Concord River!!!
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 09:00 PM »
Fished the Concord tonight and was very surprised about what I caught. I hooked a 6-8 pound carp on a floating rapala but my knot failed after a few minutes and I lost it :( I was more bummed I lost a 6 buck lure. I went fishing a little bit later and Caught a 6 pound carp and a 10 pound carp a small bullhead and then a bluegill. The biggest thing that happened today and probably in the last year was that I hooked a roughly 28-30 inch northern pike...IN THE CONCORD RIVER!!!!! Believe it or not, it hit a breadball. i was fishing off a small bridge and it sped right over to the bait and immediately inhaled it. I set the hook and then saw the coloration of its side. I have caught 26 3/4 inch pickerel before and I have caught  medium sized northerns in Maine and this was a northern. Unfortunately I pulled the hook because I touched the drag like an idiot and I can only blame myself for loosing the fish. This is the first northern pike I have seen in the concord with my own eyes, but I have heard that there are more in the concord.

Joser06

• Get some!
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Got a few rainbows today and a small brown trout in... you guessed it, the Shawsheen river. be back at it in the morning

Joser06

• Get some!
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Hey went back carp fishing at the spot where I saw that northern pike a few days ago and well... it is confirmed! My bud caught that fish on a bread ball while we were fishing for carp.  The fish was between 30-32 inches long and really racy. I caught 4 carp, a eel and a somewhat large catfish that I couldn't identify. I want to say is is a small shannel cat or something because it doesnot look like any of the brown bullheads that I caught before.

BJ

« Reply #53 on: Aug 11, 2008, 11:53 AM »
Went to fish Mascuppic in Dracut on saturday. Got there and they had the ramp blocked and there were signs everywhere. They were putting chemicals in the lake to combat the weeds and they didnt want outside boats entering the lake while they were doing this. Ended up going to Ames Pond in Tewskbury. My brother in-law caught 1 nice pickerel on a spinner bait and I caught 5 bass on senkos. Nothing big,all between 1 and 2 pounds. Nice day out there though.

BJ

« Reply #54 on: Sep 12, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Hit the Concord River in Bedford on 9/6. The water is almost back down to normal. I got skunked and lost a nice bass beside the boat on a Flatfish, but my brother in-law caught a small bass on a senko and my buddy caught about 4 bass and a pike all on senkos. Two of the bass were 3 pounders. A little rainy but not too bad.

BoostFooler

« Reply #55 on: Jun 23, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Has anyone been striper fishing on the northshore?  everyone says theyre around but i havent got even a bite yet any ideas???

unoman

« Reply #56 on: Mar 17, 2010, 01:29 PM »
gonna unsticky this one and let it slide down....good info on it but very old....cleaning up a bit..Karl

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.