FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Plastic Baits  (Read 14818 times)

Baitbucket

Re: Plastic Baits
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2014, 10:53 AM »
And you are 100% sure that NO OTHER artificial baits are harming fish!? 👌

Not at the same rate as plastic worms.

Will if you wanna get all environmental on us than quit driving your car cause that is affecting the atmosphere, in turn making the rain acidic falling into the water that the fish live in.  Lets not say BAN them, lets say find a way to make them fish friendly.

I drive a Hybrid  ;)

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #16 on: Apr 20, 2014, 10:55 AM »
just because something is not 100% does not mean that it is not true.........seems like common sense to me.........a senko comes off the hook on a hard hook set...sinks to the bottom looks and feels like it may be natural...but no hooks......down the gullet it goes!       Brake your line or lose a rapala countdown....it sinks to the bottom looks like it may be natural...but wait this thing is hard and has 3 sets of trebles........spit or refused(most of the time...maybe not 100%)

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2014, 10:56 AM »

I drive a Hybrid  ;)

Still pollutes the air buy an electric car.  Then make sure your house is solar and wind powered.......
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

MrE1979

« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2014, 10:59 AM »
just because something is not 100% does not mean that it is not true.........seems like common sense to me.........a senko comes off the hook on a hard hook set...sinks to the bottom looks and feels like it may be natural...but no hooks......down the gullet it goes!       Brake your line or lose a rapala countdown....it sinks to the bottom looks like it may be natural...but wait this thing is hard and has 3 sets of trebles........spit or refused(most of the time...maybe not 100%)

By the time the fish figures out it is hard it is in its mouth and the trebles have probably already hooked it.  Maybe thats why we don't see those fish with lures in there stomachs they died before they were caught again.
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2014, 11:04 AM »
yeah prob. right......but i have seen a huge drum do it........i was casting a firetiger countdown along some rip rap........saw a follower came all the way to shore....I let the bait settle on to some rocks where i watched the drum "sniff" it for about 30 seconds.......then in a flash it sucked in the ENTIRE bait 3 sets of trebles and all and spit it before I could even do anything!!! :o

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

Baitbucket

« Reply #20 on: Apr 20, 2014, 11:08 AM »
Still pollutes the air buy an electric car.  Then make sure your house is solar and wind powered.......

If i had 40k+ to spend on a car I would own an electric. So I settled for the partial zero emissions. Not sure how we got here from disposable plastic baits..but w/e

By the time the fish figures out it is hard it is in its mouth and the trebles have probably already hooked it.  Maybe thats why we don't see those fish with lures in there stomachs they died before they were caught again.

Or the hooks rusted out like they are designed to (because they were killing fish lol) and the fish spit the bait.

MrE1979

« Reply #21 on: Apr 20, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Will the new hooks don't rot out like the older hooks used to. 

The whole car thing came up because it doesn't matter what we do to be "environmentally friendly" there will always be something we do to hurt it.  Lets make baits more fish friendly....

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #22 on: Apr 20, 2014, 02:33 PM »
Monomonah doo doo doo doo do, Monomonah doo doo do do!

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

SpaceGhost

« Reply #23 on: Apr 20, 2014, 02:39 PM »
Dead horse topic. Ya, plastic or rubber baits arent helping but theyre not killing fish at ridiculous rates. Ive caught many a trout that had a worm in its gut and it was half digested, so theyre doing fine. Fish are a tough animal. If theyre were being affected at a fast rate, they would already be banned. May as well shitcan gas motors seeing they leak fuel a little bit also.

Like i said, dead horse topic. Stick to posting pics and stories instead of controversy and these forums wouldnt have so many issues in the replies.

stripernut

« Reply #24 on: Apr 20, 2014, 11:00 PM »
Yes, it is always best to ignore a possible problem, lets not have a conversation about something that may or may not be a issue. There is always something worse that we can point to and say; "why deal with this if that is something worst". And never forget if you don't like what some one is saying, you can always attack the messenger and not the possible issue... Mocking and anothers question or opinion is always a great way to look good and "score point", but does not help with the question.

This is a FORUM, a place for sharing and debate. I think it is a GREAT forum and most postings are civil, helpful and fun. If one wants only pics and stories, there is plenty of that to go around and that is fine. If you are looking to possible improve and protect our fisheries, there is some of that to, if it is not something you want to be involved in, then you don't need to post.

We will not solve this issue here, but that does not mean it is not worthy of a CIVIL discussion.

Baitbucket

« Reply #25 on: Apr 21, 2014, 06:12 AM »
Well said Allan. My exact reason for posting this (as I stated in the OP) was to have a friendly and healthy discussion on the topic. Thank you for getting it back on track.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #26 on: Apr 21, 2014, 12:06 PM »
Yes fish will eat plastics, more so if they look like a real worm, frog or fish.
No, they shouldn't ban plastics solely on the fact that fish ingest them.
Yes, people are the cause for this problem. Not all, just those who are too lazy to dispose of old ratty lures the correct way.

I will not say that I haven't lost a lure to a fish at different times, but what we are looking at here is more of a littering aspect instead of just incidental aspect.
I make it a point of trying to keep track of all old lures top be disposed of, and pack them out to be taken care of later at home.
I would be willing to bet that the same people that are tossing their old plastics into the drink are the same POS that leave all their trash behind when they leave.

It can be thoroughly frustrating and embarrassing to see just how these losers treat our waterways.

As for the fish, they are the unfortunate pawns in this sad game, and they end up paying the price.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Baitbucket

« Reply #27 on: Apr 21, 2014, 12:28 PM »

Yes, people are the cause for this problem. Not all, just those who are too lazy to dispose of old ratty lures the correct way.

As for the fish, they are the unfortunate pawns in this sad game, and they end up paying the price.

As stated previously in this thread. A large majority of the plastics being ingested by fish arent from anglers throwing them in the water. Its from the plastic worm being torn in half or ripped off the hook when hit by a fish.

Once the fish start to pay the price for something WE are doing, changes need to and will be made.

SpaceGhost

« Reply #28 on: Apr 21, 2014, 04:52 PM »
I use them. Ill keep using them as long as theyre being sold. What i bring in, i take out.  Heres the answer to all the man made bait issues...use live bait, shiners and crawlers, crayfish etc etc etc if you are concerned about it. Long story short, im sick and tired of MORE govt oversight, im tired of others forcing their wants and beliefs on to me because of others who dont live their life with any sort of honor and to top it all off...if youre concerned about trash, start stopping on the side of the roads and picking it up. Hell, go look at the causeway at the Chu, its disgusting. The world is an inherently evil place. Trash is everywhere. Its not going away. I remember the commercials in the mid 70s about trash...think its changed anything? The answer is no.

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #29 on: Apr 21, 2014, 07:12 PM »
I use them. Ill keep using them as long as theyre being sold. What i bring in, i take out.  Heres the answer to all the man made bait issues...use live bait, shiners and crawlers, crayfish etc etc etc if you are concerned about it. Long story short, im sick and tired of MORE govt oversight, im tired of others forcing their wants and beliefs on to me because of others who dont live their life with any sort of honor and to top it all off...if youre concerned about trash, start stopping on the side of the roads and picking it up. Hell, go look at the causeway at the Chu, its disgusting. The world is an inherently evil place. Trash is everywhere. Its not going away. I remember the commercials in the mid 70s about trash...think its changed anything? The answer is no.
Ditto to the above statement ! And I'll be using my evil rubber worms all summer long!

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.