FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Holy Cow!!! A New PB  (Read 10588 times)

ebour

Holy Cow!!! A New PB
« on: Jun 08, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Had an excellent day out on the water today. Hit Santini's shop for some seawroms and he tossed me a tube on the house and told me it would produce. I met up with Doug (Pinnacleschariot) and Erick (Fishbulb) and we launched around 7. I get to the spot and two other members are there and one has a nice keeper in his lap. Sorry I forgot your names... they left pretty early on and then i get a hit on the tube but don't connect. Meanwhile Doug gets into some shorts, and about an hour or so later i fight my first of the day, a small keeper that got off as i grabbed the tube. Awhile later Erick leaves and Doug has upped his total to five or six, all shorts. We stick to it for fair amount of time and then Doug reaches his time limit. So now i'm alone and I haven't had a a hit for about 2 hours. I keep trying the usual spots, to no avail. Soon i move further down and have something hit, peel drag, and get off. Doh! now losing that keeper is starting to seem big, as though I won't have another fish to document. about an hour and a half later i pretty much give up and start trolling towards a spot to catch some flounder. in a section that I'd never had a hit in something slams my tube... Fish on! I knew it was a big fish when it took out 100 yards of line without stopping. I had no control over it. It chose to go in towards shore and i see it splash in some shallow water. After it pulled me around and ripped out nearly half of my line, i finally get it into the net. Its A cow!! Now What do I do? i paddle to shore and try to lift it in the net, and it bends the frame. so im onshore taking pics, but i have no one to take a picture of me with it. i see a stranger and ask him to, and he has to go way around to get to the beach awile later. He takes some pictures of me with it, and i try to release it without success, so i brought it home. I had really wanted to see it swim off but not without pictures. It was the first real test for my musky rod setup, and it is a perfect match for the kayak!. After that i tried for flounder and called it a day, Then got it weighed in. It was much bigger than i had thought, at 45" and 31lbs! shattered my previous, and i joined the 40" Club! enjoy the pics

Sorry for so many pics... I liked them all.

They're Here!

deerhunter

Re: Holy Cow!!! A New PB
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2014, 07:52 PM »
that's a good one.

westernmas

« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2014, 07:53 PM »
That is one hell of a fish. Congrats
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

wally13

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2014, 07:56 PM »
what a beast nice fish

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Yup thats a beauty. I marked about 5 fish on the sonar out in front of that wall but no takers.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

ebour

« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2014, 08:18 PM »
they were out there, just needed o put some time in. i went 2 for 4

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Congrats!!!

ebour

« Reply #7 on: Jun 08, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Thanks Allan!

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #8 on: Jun 08, 2014, 09:39 PM »
Next one is 40lbs

ebour

« Reply #9 on: Jun 09, 2014, 05:21 AM »
Yes then 50 and so on

stripernut

« Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2014, 07:15 AM »
Next one like that; Fly Rod!

ebour

« Reply #11 on: Jun 09, 2014, 10:31 AM »
That might be too much strain on my heart lol I could barely get this fish under control with a musky rod.

Baitbucket

« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2014, 11:45 AM »
That might be too much strain on my heart lol I could barely get this fish under control with a musky rod.

Whats this new rig you got?

ebour

« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2014, 12:23 PM »
It isn't new. Got it last year. It was there when we went flounder fishing

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #14 on: Jun 09, 2014, 12:52 PM »
thats one hell of a fish, man!!  Very impressive from a 'yak!!   ;Congrats  :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.