FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Night Time Stripers  (Read 3312 times)

BOULDERDASH

Re: Night Time Stripers
« Reply #15 on: Jun 13, 2014, 09:12 AM »
Isnt casting and reeling pretty much the same as slow trolling it along the fishy areas? You are in constant contact with the eel and basically leading it over areas with fish.

Think of the difference in trolling a plug and tossing a plug. you want the splash and all that swimming action from top to bottom to cover the water column 

200fisher

« Reply #16 on: Jun 13, 2014, 09:51 AM »
spent many years fishing with my brother all around fisher island at night and tried many things and other stuff does work but nothing compared to fishing live eels, in trolling ya id go tube and worm which imitates an eel but to troll a live eel has got to be a pain because anyone who has fished em knows what they do to your line.  Way we did it was fairly simple almost like fishing shore line from a boat casting a rubber worm with no weight trick is to keep in contact with the eel at all times and slowly retrieve you can feel the eel vibrate and can tell when a fish takes it because you will feel the bump in the line on your finger...just a suggestion to try I have pictures albeit developed ones to prove its success many nights with 6-7 fish over 40'

40 foot stripers!!! lol...

I agree, nothing like casting eels at night. And Fishers Island is our #1 spot.
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

Baitbucket

« Reply #17 on: Jun 13, 2014, 10:04 AM »
  Think of the difference in trolling a plug and tossing a plug. you want the splash and all that swimming action from top to bottom to cover the water column 

I suppose. But i can get alot of that in my hobie by lifting the rod tip up and down as well. Also cover much more area much quicker. Either way im sure will land fish.

trout stalker

« Reply #18 on: Jun 16, 2014, 03:55 PM »
40 foot stripers!!! lol...

I agree, nothing like casting eels at night. And Fishers Island is our #1 spot.

whoops think that was suppose to be 40" hahaha ya know what I mean

trout stalker

« Reply #19 on: Jun 16, 2014, 03:59 PM »
Isnt casting and reeling pretty much the same as slow trolling it along the fishy areas? You are in constant contact with the eel and basically leading it over areas with fish.

it really isn't the same at all main reason being your not gonna troll an eel where the fish are they are in rockpiles and around them and tight to shore ive literally hooked and caught monster stripers in so little water you would laugh.  All im doing is trying to give you some night ideas to each there own I guess tight lines

Baitbucket

« Reply #20 on: Jun 16, 2014, 08:08 PM »
I appreciate the advice, I will keep it in mind.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #21 on: Jun 16, 2014, 08:49 PM »
Will with the right tide. Tossing eels into the rock piles at night will give you loads of fun and some nice fish. Nothing like it.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.