FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: new to me  (Read 9927 times)

Eastciderida

Re: new to me
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2015, 02:39 PM »
Got it at Lowe's. 32 a sheet. Marine was to expensive for my budget. Going to seal the plywood so should last a good amount of time. Going to get some 20oz marine carpet and some adhesive from hd. So far I paid 850 for boat and probably another 500 with seats seat post wood carpet so still not a bad deal for a good boat.

Baitbucket

« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2015, 07:21 AM »
Got it at Lowe's. 32 a sheet. Marine was to expensive for my budget. Going to seal the plywood so should last a good amount of time. Going to get some 20oz marine carpet and some adhesive from hd. So far I paid 850 for boat and probably another 500 with seats seat post wood carpet so still not a bad deal for a good boat.

Same exact thing i did with they plywood. Sealant can take a little while to dry. Moild and mildew resistant outdoor carpet is what i used. Very cheap pirce wise and should be fine for Quabbin fishing.

Eastciderida

« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2015, 02:43 PM »
Checked out the carpet at home depot going to pass on that stuff and get marine 16oz. Little cheaper then 20oz but guy said I Def should put in marine. Baby cooperated today and let me get the floor boards shaved down to fit got one layer of spar urethane down on one side of the floor. Need to cut the front seats out and two small floor sections for under the console.next is stripping more of the old floor out and pulling the steering cable and trying to clear the gunk out to loosen the steering.

Yachtzy

« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2015, 03:23 PM »
It's getting there. Take the guys advice. I suggest you get the marine carpet also. I just bought the Depot stuff 3 weeks ago because I was in a rush. I regret it now, live and learn I guess. That's why I suggested earlier in the thread so you wouldn't make the same mistake I did. I know your trying to keep the budget down, but I don't think it's that much more. Good luck, keep at it.

Baitbucket

« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2015, 03:30 PM »
Shes looking great man! Wait till u get out there and start landing fish. Thats where all that hard work pays off.

Also, im not sure if you intend to Vertical Jig to Troll. If you decide to jig let me know. I got the molds to pour tin jigs. Landed a few nice lakers on my own jigs this year. . I can make u up a few.

I make them in all white and glow in the dark.

Eastciderida

« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2015, 03:59 PM »
Mostly going to be jigging and using live bait. Unless I troll and catch more fish that way. But will have plenty of time out there next year to fish and learn more about fishing g the q.

Eastciderida

« Reply #36 on: Dec 07, 2015, 03:27 PM »
Stripped most of the old floor out. Used spar urethane to waterproof the plywood letting it sit in the house over the winter to fully cure. Here's the final floor put into place
Just need to cut a new front seat out to but that can wait. Packing it up till the spring time when it comes out for the quad in seal

Eastciderida

« Reply #37 on: Dec 10, 2015, 05:29 PM »
Carpet is in and sexy as a mo fo. Went with marine 16oz was going to do 20oz but not much thicker I found a place that had samples just waiting for spring time before it goes in time to research adhesive

Eastciderida

« Reply #38 on: Dec 22, 2015, 05:54 PM »
Best 80 bucks I have ever spent going to buy the Co pilot and a new foot control and it is good to go. Also picked up my 5.5hp sears game fisher today starts first pull going to use that for trolling. Everything on hold till the spring and new floor and seats go in. Fish the q for a month or two then it's going in the ocean

Baitbucket

« Reply #39 on: Dec 23, 2015, 05:44 AM »
Best 80 bucks I have ever spent going to buy the Co pilot and a new foot control and it is good to go. Also picked up my 5.5hp sears game fisher today starts first pull going to use that for trolling. Everything on hold till the spring and new floor and seats go in. Fish the q for a month or two then it's going in the ocean

I had a 50# motor with Co-Pilot/keyfob controller last season and it was ok. It was a little small for my 18ft boat and the winds that can pop up on the Q.  I upgraded to a 70lb with i-pilot link and a Humminbird 859CI HD head unit (only brand that works with i-pilot) for the electronic anchor and GPS guided contour following for next season.

I believe the Powerdrive V2 can be upgraded to the i-pilot as well. You may wanna make sure the trolling motor is rated for saltwater use if you ever intend to use it on the salt.

You probably wont need the 5.5hp kicker tho, these 20-25hp motors dont use much gas at all and trolling speed shouldnt be an issue. I can go from the tip of 31 to the barrels and back (~16miles round trip) on a couple gallons of gas.

Eastciderida

« Reply #40 on: Mar 23, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Front seats cut glued carpeted and stapled. Waiting for a nice stretch of weather to do the floor in the boat.

Baitbucket

« Reply #41 on: Mar 23, 2016, 12:16 PM »
Front seats cut glued carpeted and stapled. Waiting for a nice stretch of weather to do the floor in the boat.

Lookin good man! Ive been doing little things on mine as well. Only about 3 weeks to go now.

Knot there yet

« Reply #42 on: Mar 23, 2016, 01:19 PM »
Is that one of those quabbin  20 hp motors. Cause you take that in ocean and it is a 20 hp. You better keep eye on the weather.
 I know a lot of guys put 20hp covers on 35hp motors. Thats a lot boat for 20 hp. What's its  max. Hp Rating?
I wish my carpet was removable for the salt. 06 model. New models it removable. Carpet holds a lot of water during wash down. All the blood from pogies and scales from mackerels can be a challenge.

Baitbucket

« Reply #43 on: Mar 23, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Is that one of those quabbin  20 hp motors. Cause you take that in ocean and it is a 20 hp. You better keep eye on the weather.
 I know a lot of guys put 20hp covers on 35hp motors. Thats a lot boat for 20 hp. What's its  max. Hp Rating?
I wish my carpet was removable for the salt. 06 model. New models it removable. Carpet holds a lot of water during wash down. All the blood from pogies and scales from mackerels can be a challenge.

They go by serial number on motor to know its HP now. My 25hp 4 Stroke cruises at 22mph on my 18' seanymph

Eastciderida

« Reply #44 on: Mar 23, 2016, 01:46 PM »
It's a 20hp gets up to 23mph with 2 people in it probably more if I get around to cleaning the carb. Just trying to figure out how to get the dam thing off blocked by starter and starter complicated to get out. Def going to watch the weather if I take it offshore. Amazing how much float it has for a small boat sits tall in the water fully loaded

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.