FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wachusett Reservoir Tips  (Read 12816 times)

ICEHOLE

Re: Wachusett Reservoir Tips
« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2016, 03:04 PM »
Th Chu been handed me a good beating last year. Five trips and one 10" smallie to show for it. I haul trash out every trip so I kept going back figuring I'd get paid off, lol.

I've been looking for just one laker, and the big smallies, haven't found them yet, but you will know when I do. Been throwing goldens and perch, but just nose hooking them, not Carolina rigging them. Figuring that may be the problem. Also throwing Krocs and Kastmasters with no luck. Went with a friend the day after opener last year, he did ok with a Bomber long A jerkbait.
My best smallies there are on jerk baits. I like the rapala xraps for casting distance. Last fall I had a smallie come to the top f the water to catch my rapala as it hit water. Would have been a wild slow motion video if I had the equipment
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2016, 06:39 PM »
Jon and Ash. A sallie day sounds great this year. I get them every year but have not taken the time to target them exclusively in a couple years. I got a great spot in mind when the water warms up a little like mid May. Have done very well there on many times. ;) I'm in.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2016, 08:16 PM »
Here's a good tip.  Bring lots patients with you.  My record skunking was 13yrs..  Caught 2 Lakers with Jeff a few years back.  Since then 0.  I'll still give it a few tries this year.
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

Baitbucket

« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2016, 06:37 AM »
Jon and Ash. A sallie day sounds great this year. I get them every year but have not taken the time to target them exclusively in a couple years. I got a great spot in mind when the water warms up a little like mid May. Have done very well there on many times. ;) I'm in.

What Jeff said,wait till the water warms up. Early season when the water is cold they arent much fun. Not a whole lot of fight in them due to water temps.

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2016, 07:13 AM »

Sounds good Jeff.  Lets pick a good overcast day and murder them.  I usually chace them on quabbin but have wanted to do so at the chu for some time.

Another tip...dont go when Ed goes! 

Baitbucket

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2016, 07:19 AM »

Best tip so far lol

Sorry Ed  :P

MrE1979

« Reply #21 on: Mar 28, 2016, 02:23 PM »

Ouch
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2016, 02:30 PM »
Ouch

For the record the last time I was down there and fished with you it seemed deader than the dead sea!  All in good fun Ed!

MrE1979

« Reply #23 on: Mar 29, 2016, 08:29 AM »
For the record the last time I was down there and fished with you it seemed deader than the dead sea!  All in good fun Ed!

No other people caught fish that day.

lowaccord66

« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2016, 08:39 AM »
Coincidence?  I think not Ed!  The fish are scared of you!

ICEHOLE

« Reply #25 on: Mar 29, 2016, 08:49 AM »
don't worry Ed they are scared of me too....never caught one, or seen one caught in all the times i have been!
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2016, 08:52 AM »
No other people caught fish that day.
You have to adopt the going in head 1st method to land them. Works for me ;D
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Baitbucket

« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2016, 09:12 AM »
You have to adopt the going in head 1st method to land them. Works for me ;D

Hahah ill never forget when u got your PB a few years ago, that was a good trip for sure.

Tuna Meltdown

« Reply #28 on: Mar 29, 2016, 10:33 AM »
Can't wait to get back up there.

dumbba

« Reply #29 on: Mar 29, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Can't wait to get back up there.

Gulp:-) That's a healthy looking fish...... Big water, big baits, big fish:-)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.