FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hobie newbie  (Read 10720 times)

Baitbucket

Re: Hobie newbie
« Reply #30 on: Aug 04, 2016, 12:08 PM »

Nuts my pet peeve is " my numbers"  never liked anyone that says my number. It's the ocean. But selling someone numbers is crap. Teaching them why certain number work at certain times. So they can go find there own spots.

I think that's where the disconnect is. He collected the data himself. As such he has the right to do with that data as he pleases. The fact that you dont like that is irrelevant...

You see Pete pedaling his shop or his service in the forums.
  He did invent.

Hes a site sponsor so yes, thats exactly what hes doing.. 

What did he invent?

lowaccord66

« Reply #31 on: Aug 04, 2016, 01:41 PM »
the three 4K post amigo's " Dumb and Dumber II", Jon I hear the conn. Board calling for you.
Will I fixed the context sorry. Pro's you know.
 You see Pete pedaling his shop or his service in the forums.
  He did invent.
 I didn't say I did.
Sorry I didn't grow up typing on a one of these thing. Sometime things get jumbled when trying to edit.
Nuts my pet peeve is " my numbers"  never liked anyone that says my number. It's the ocean. But selling someone numbers is crap. Teaching them why certain number work at certain times. So they can go find there own spots.
  Tell old man I love the boat SC. Bought Starcraft awhile
Ago

What you fail to realize is you are my hero.  I will ensure santini is aware that he has a drunk fan that "loves his worm" when I next see him.  Now go find some salps or the things that eat salps.  Continue to rock on and please make fun of me whenever you get a chance, because it's so worth being able to read your 4th grade level posts!  

If you are ever inclined, I will teach you how to write a sentence for all of your "numbers" LMFAO!

Yachtzy

« Reply #32 on: Aug 04, 2016, 02:32 PM »
I have an Ascend FS12T sit on top, the price is right, but any rough water and you are going to take water over the bow, and I only use it in fresh water, can only imagine it being worse in the salt. For a little more money, Feel Free has a 11.5' lure with a very comfortable seat, just my opinion. If your a big guy, then Jackson makes a nice sturdy craft. There are many other brands too, but after one year with the Ascend I'm ready to upgrade.
Thanks for the suggestion.  After catching that striper last weekend I'm definitely thinking I need to invest in a SOT and don't have the cash to put down on something like a Hobie.  I was pretty anxious in my 10 foot sit inside, especially at night.  Luckily the seas were very calm so there wasn't much to worry about.

Yachtzy

« Reply #33 on: Aug 04, 2016, 02:44 PM »
easy there profiteer. Selling way points come on.How many pro's you know that do that for $$$ on craiglist. You invent a lure sold around the world. I don't think so. So don't put yourself in Pete's league. A pro guide who still guides on daddy's boat come on. I didn't call you thief. I've got waypoints that you have. So is  that's stealing?
Sport not job go back to craiglist$$$$$ hound. Ive been on many guided trips and they were true pro's. Except Lake Okeechobee he drank all my beer. (I don't like captains that drink alcohol on trips) If your a pro act like one. Get off rec. site. I meant we all use some common GPS spots is all I meant.

Dave on a jealous rampage, again. I have fished with you, and I have fished with Allan also. I find it ironic you throwing jabs at him. I feel he has forgotten more than you have ever learned, and that is my honest opinion.

Baitbucket

« Reply #34 on: Aug 04, 2016, 07:16 PM »
Most sit on tops take water over the bow in choppy conditions. Thats why sit on tops are suggested for salt use.

Once you get to the 1k range u are in the Used Hobie territory. Another nice and lightweight yak is the Hurricane Skimmer. I i were in the market for  paddle yak, the skimmer would be the top of the list.

Knot there yet

« Reply #35 on: Aug 05, 2016, 09:21 AM »
Oh boy the short bus is buzzing. No more on! Last stop knowitall circle.
 On the same lake or in the ocean at same time doesn't qualify as fishing together. Yes I went on your boat once.i thanked you for trip and was grateful as I'm for every safe trip.
 I wouldn't say we fished together.You fish alone remember just you and your phone. (App. I showed you) Mr. Google earth!   Beep Beep all off last stop.
 Jealous rampage HaHa.

Baitbucket

« Reply #36 on: Aug 05, 2016, 09:27 AM »
Yes I went on your boat once.

I'd say that qualifies as fishing together lol

lowaccord66

« Reply #37 on: Aug 05, 2016, 09:31 AM »

otzi thawed

• Sit up and show up!
« Reply #38 on: Aug 05, 2016, 02:03 PM »
As the Worm Turns.... ::)   Time to make some popcorn!

Knot there yet

« Reply #39 on: Aug 08, 2016, 10:00 PM »
PB. 27lbs. 42" Striper
In the dark
alone.
WOW.
 Live Pogie  14' fow
 Close to shore and fish swam next me into shallot water.
I was on the phone when it hit. I thought I had hung up but buddy calls me back laughing.I may have let out a little yell during sleigh ride. Left drag lite and had to fight the urge to tighten down. Glad I didn't when it went under boat.(Ty Will) Short boat pole made huge difference.
 I'll be there tomorrow 😀😀😀😀

westernmas

« Reply #40 on: Aug 09, 2016, 07:43 AM »
PB. 27lbs. 42" Striper
In the dark
alone.
WOW.
 Live Pogie  14' fow
I was on the phone when it hit. I thought I had hung up but buddy calls me back laughing.I may have let out a little yell during sleigh ride. Left drag lite and had to fight the urge to tighten down. Glad I didn't when it went under boat.(Ty Will) Short boat pole made huge difference.

Nice work.  They sure are fun to catch out of a kayak.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Baitbucket

« Reply #41 on: Aug 09, 2016, 10:53 AM »
PB. 27lbs. 42" Striper
In the dark
alone.
WOW.
 Live Pogie  14' fow

Good job man, glad i could help.

Knot there yet

« Reply #42 on: Sep 02, 2016, 09:32 AM »
  Pogies all around me last night. Blues kept biting them in half. At night alone felt like trying to catch Santa Claus coming down chimney. On the edge all night. I fished two live pogies at once in yak. Wow are my arm tired. Cross over, cross over, under ,over ,under all night. Fog rolled in so I rolled out. Couple chasers but no hook ups
 I've switched to circle hooks this year from trebles. Have lost a few fish from trying to set hook instead of letting it do its job. I'm sticking with the circle hooks but miss the trebles.
 I let half eaten Pogie sit on bottom for a while but could not resist snagging another and live lining it. Hardest working baits. They'll swim all day for yeah.

lowaccord66

« Reply #43 on: Sep 02, 2016, 10:46 AM »
  Pogies all around me last night. Blues kept biting them in half. At night alone felt like trying to catch Santa Claus coming down chimney. On the edge all night. I fished two live pogies at once in yak. Wow are my arm tired. Cross over, cross over, under ,over ,under all night. Fog rolled in so I rolled out. Couple chasers but no hook ups
 I've switched to circle hooks this year from trebles. Have lost a few fish from trying to set hook instead of letting it do its job. I'm sticking with the circle hooks but miss the trebles.
 I let half eaten Pogie sit on bottom for a while but could not resist snagging another and live lining it. Hardest working baits. They'll swim all day for yeah.

8/0 octopus will get the job done like the treble and still allow for a satisfying hookset, without the loss of fish like circles.  I like circles for eeling when sometimes you have no idea the bass ate the eel. We had a bunker trip earlier in the season where we caught the bass busting them and man did the eat the chunks we offered quickly! 

The other thing too RE the circles or any hook and bunker chunks...best tip I was ever given is nver hook through the back, hook through the belly which allows for a much wider gap between the bait and hookpoint! 

westernmas

« Reply #44 on: Sep 02, 2016, 01:17 PM »
8/0 octopus will get the job done like the treble and still allow for a satisfying hookset, without the loss of fish like circles.  I like circles for eeling when sometimes you have no idea the bass ate the eel. We had a bunker trip earlier in the season where we caught the bass busting them and man did the eat the chunks we offered quickly! 

The other thing too RE the circles or any hook and bunker chunks...best tip I was ever given is nver hook through the back, hook through the belly which allows for a much wider gap between the bait and hookpoint! 

When I was using circle hooks with eels I continual gut hooked the fish and just had to cut the line in hopes that the hook would rust out.  I always like to release fish as unharmed as possible and was disappointed being forced to leave the hook in there.  I had a little bit better luck with the octopus hooks so maybe it is tough to get a good hook set in the mouth with eels.  Was I doing something wrong?
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.