FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Massachusetts canal bike fishermen i got questions? also looking for pictures..  (Read 4729 times)

boondox

looking at keeping the new bike.. I have a mountain but just purchased a Kent Monterrey 7 speed tricycle. for fishing the piers in port Huron, Florida, and the bike paths of the local lake...   I paid $215+tx came to around $227.90.. the regular price is $350+tx on this bike so I saved quite a bit... I did not go with the single speed cause there is hills and such for me to need the gearing on.. do you guy that own bike and fish the canal care to share some tips and advise on bike angling  and a few pick of your set ups ?? wondering if the trike is a better option cause the basket in back and the gearing but the three wheels will make it more stable is my question then a mountain bike while parked?? I thinking I just got the ultimate fishing bike but just got to get some info on rigging it mainly picture of your rigs??  and so on so I can get some idea how to out fit it?? any list of necessity's etc.. that may help me get going? thanks again will post picks I think I can tow my canoe with this bike I think I might have to do a rules look up for me but I think you can.so there should be no problem...

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
I'll post a pic of my setup later. No service to upload here at work
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

I wouldnt go too crazy if you plan on fishing at night, I bought a mountain bike off CL for 50 bucks and hide it in the woods while im fishing.  I've already had 1 person try to liberate me of its ownership.  That said hiding a trike would be a pain and even during the day you don't want to leabe any gear in your bike while you are fishing.  It will walk.  I have a kickstand on my bike that I never use because I lay it down or hide it in the woods and bring all my gear with me.  Here's a pic.  Note the pvc rod holders are clamped to the backet with Hd hose clamps.  They provide support for 2 plug bags and the biggest bass you can fit (approx 42lbs or so by my tests  ;D )  * (bass pictured was not the 42)

boondox

Thanks gut that's what Iam looking for... just trying to get some ideas on how to out fit it for the piers around here..along with some of the bike paths that go around lakes..

lowaccord66

Just realized your in Michigan!!!  You may not have to worry about your gear walking in that case.....glad I could help.

Jschumacher

Here's my setup.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

Oh man Jeff I should go with you sometime.  I'll ride in the back....

Jschumacher

LOL thats where the fish ride.

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

LOL thats where the fish ride.

You catch fish down there?  I thought you did what we all do and just "stand around with our buddies and talk about our guns"

Jschumacher

You catch fish down there?  I thought you did what we all do and just "stand around with our buddies and talk about our guns"

Yea that's what its been like most trips this year for me. A lot of talking and little catching. Can't catch them from my couch though.

Member of The GODS

boondox

Great idea on the trailer.. I do got a idea on making a trailer for the bike Iam getting out of emt tubing and bend It with a tube bender like rgfixit did for his ice sled.. but will see what I come up with when it gets here.. I do got a travelle hitch for my mountain bike. And have made a adaptor for my pier cart to drag it along...  but any how will be doing some research on set ups.. also  thanks to those that have helped so far..

lowaccord66

Yea that's what its been like most trips this year for me. A lot of talking and little catching. Can't catch them from my couch though.

I here you.  Had plenty of trips like that in the past...it makes up for it if you're there at the right time.

boondox

Just got my kent monterey assembled it is a  very  easy to pedal and very light cruiser bike perfect for pier fishing.. now on to out fitting it for fishing... :-)  will be putting rod holders on the basket in the back...  maybe attach my hitch for my silver pier cart.. for the price Iam glad I got it... $227.9 with tax and free shipping.... assembly was / is free but... I did it my self and no complaints thus far about it...it done and tires are filled to 50 psi like on the sides of the tire.. got a helmet already so might head out to the metro park tomorrow and do some biking and fishing...with this cooler weather we have right now should be fun...

boondox

here the bike I got.. now I just got to deck it out... 

Knot there yet

Chain guard is key won't ruin your good waders.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.