FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Our Governor is a JOKE  (Read 7483 times)

Baitbucket

Re: Our Governor is a JOKE
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 02:14 PM »
Have heard from several sources that the ramps will open on the 9th for tagged boats. Boats that require a wash will need to wait till at least the 18th. No word on rentals. But rumor is they aren't doing them to keep traffic down and contact with rangers to a minimum.

If u got a tagged boat, you are good for next weekend.

jaltif

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 02:17 PM »
Well thats good at least some people will get out enjoy, have fun my last 2 scheduled washes have been cancelled.

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 02:21 PM »
Well thats good at least some people will get out enjoy, have fun my last 2 scheduled washes have been cancelled.

Mine too!  Oh well will wait.

Ryan51993

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 05:02 PM »
  I guess if you haven't lost 3 relatives to covid then its very easy to take a position like that. Many of us will be ok, many will not be.  You might be transmitting this to a guy who is working a boat launch to feed his family and then kill his little kid with asthma. Odds you all know more than one person  that will die. At a 1 percent its around 3.1 million but at .1 percent its 3100000 that might die.  Newest research says its 22 to 55 percent more prevalent then predicted.
  In life Assholes only think of themselves, Don't be an not a very nice person...  Remember even assholes get life, liberty and freedom. Guy's getting upset smallmouth fishing beds LOL or dragggin up 20 lakers that are 23 inches. Catching 10 salmon in a day... These things are fleeting things that matter are family, health and happiness. If you interfere with those for someone else in terms of Liberty you are and not a very nice person.

RELAX, ENJOY NATURE WITHOUT BOATS, KICK IT OLD SCHOOL with walk ins to the Q makes for a better appreciation for boating there.
You had a halfway reasonable point for about 2 seconds and then you turned into a douche. I won't bother dissecting all the BS in your posts but I will say a lot of us are still working and are at risk daily. They could easily find a way to operate without putting their employees at risk, which is more than I can say about my job. How hard would it be to put your parking fee in a box and go launch your boat? I drove by the gate at the quabbin that leads to Dana common (which doesn't have fishing unless you do about a 10 mile round trip) and there was about 30 cars in the lot and another 15 parked along the road, but that's fine because its not state employees at risk I guess.

Baitbucket

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2020, 06:41 PM »
You had a halfway reasonable point for about 2 seconds and then you turned into a douche. I won't bother dissecting all the BS in your posts but I will say a lot of us are still working and are at risk daily. They could easily find a way to operate without putting their employees at risk, which is more than I can say about my job. How hard would it be to put your parking fee in a box and go launch your boat? I drove by the gate at the quabbin that leads to Dana common (which doesn't have fishing unless you do about a 10 mile round trip) and there was about 30 cars in the lot and another 15 parked along the road, but that's fine because its not state employees at risk I guess.

There is more to the boat check in than paying.. infact, we all have a season pass, so in theory, we aren't paying anything.

Ryan51993

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2020, 05:18 AM »
There is more to the boat check in than paying.. infact, we all have a season pass, so in theory, we aren't paying anything.
My point was that the guy complaining clearly isn't working right now like many of us. Oh the poor boat launch workers shouldn't have to work. Meanwhile I work in a building with about 200 people in it, no hazard pay either. They're opening the launches just like they opened shore fishing, but unfortunately they dragged their feet and we missed the best part of the season because they singled out fishing while allowing 45 cars full of hikers in one lot.

Baitbucket

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2020, 02:37 PM »
My point was that the guy complaining clearly isn't working right now like many of us. Oh the poor boat launch workers shouldn't have to work. Meanwhile I work in a building with about 200 people in it, no hazard pay either. They're opening the launches just like they opened shore fishing, but unfortunately they dragged their feet and we missed the best part of the season because they singled out fishing while allowing 45 cars full of hikers in one lot.

The hikers dont endanger state employees like the boat ramps do. You are missing the point entirely...

Ryan51993

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2020, 03:01 PM »
The hikers dont endanger state employees like the boat ramps do. You are missing the point entirely...
Thats actually exactly my point. The state doesn't care about the millions of other people that still have to work lol. And they're opening the launches on the 9th while we're still in the worst part of the epidemic. Nothing about it makes sense, somebody jumped the gun banning fishing at the Q/Chu and now they've come to their senses and that fool james1981 wants to come here and call us all assholes recommend absurd things like driving across state lines to fish.

Baitbucket

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2020, 03:16 PM »
Thats actually exactly my point. The state doesn't care about the millions of other people that still have to work lol. And they're opening the launches on the 9th while we're still in the worst part of the epidemic. Nothing about it makes sense, somebody jumped the gun banning fishing at the Q/Chu and now they've come to their senses and that fool james1981 wants to come here and call us all assholes recommend absurd things like driving across state lines to fish.

The state cant tell companies to close down and go out of business. Your gripe should be with your employer, not the government.

As for the Q, its all still speculation. Rumor is they will open for tagged boats on the 9th. But there is no confirmation as of yet.

james1981

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 09:31 AM »
   So I may be a douche or just really seeing the bigger picture about how important fishing is vs life.  Really only poor people only have one boat. if you call yourself any semblance of a true fisherman cut the tag go somewhere else or hop in your other boat and enjoy.
  My work situation has really nothing to do with forcing others to work,  Yes I am working , I am smart enough to not have to go to an office or to work as it can be done remotely and rich enough to own more than one boat.
 Well the other thing is really only the poor people , old people and sick people. So heck I really know it wont impact me at all. I just care about others I guess and not trying to choose a fish over someone else's health. I guess in the Trump era there is ZERO empathy or courtesy to other human beings, Its all about selfishness. Be the best of humanity not the worst.

lowaccord66

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2020, 10:25 AM »
James good for you.  Do what you feel you need to and if you want to preach, go to church.  I think its delusional for any one person to make such generalizations about humanity.  Your view isn't that wide James, no ones is.  So where do these silly opinions come from?  TV?  Internet?  Baseless speculation? 

james1981

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2020, 09:31 AM »
James good for you.  Do what you feel you need to and if you want to preach, go to church.  I think its delusional for any one person to make such generalizations about humanity.  Your view isn't that wide James, no ones is.  So where do these silly opinions come from?  TV?  Internet?  Baseless speculation?
Enjoy Turkey hunting.
 As I stated before, Heck the poor people, old and sick will die. Better them then me, I guess that's kinda the message you send when you say Gov. Baker is a joke.
 When the numbers go down then things will open. They are working on the plan for golf courses. When that goes forward I am betting we will get a chance at the Quabbin.   

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2020, 10:50 AM »
Enjoy Turkey hunting.
 As I stated before, Heck the poor people, old and sick will die. Better them then me, I guess that's kinda the message you send when you say Gov. Baker is a joke.
 When the numbers go down then things will open. They are working on the plan for golf courses. When that goes forward I am betting we will get a chance at the Quabbin.   

We being the rich folk with two boats right?  Lmao...I don't hunt turkeys and I don't post here while intoxicated...most days.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2020, 04:23 PM »
Enjoy Turkey hunting.

James
I'm the turkey hunter. No birds yet but it is so nice getting out and enjoying nature with no human bull. I've seen one other guy in the woods in 8 days. ;D ;D

james1981

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2020, 04:31 PM »
 Jigger,  I guess people are sick of being stuck inside. But Its just temporary, Complaining and bitching during a global pandemic doesn't get you anywhere.

I find a lot of guys that just fish are either felons or federally prohibited persons from ever owning firearms, DUIs, Drugs, Assaults, you name it its crazy. They all walk among us..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.