FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wachusett  (Read 12165 times)

amazinmoose

Wachusett
« on: Jul 20, 2005, 08:51 AM »
caught a 2 1/2 lb smallie opn 4# line, what a fight he broke the surface a few times..  a buddy of mine pulled in a 15" hournpout, they were both yummy :-)    worms seem to be the bait of choice, cast out and wait..  tightlines moose :-)

amazinmoose

Re: Wachusett
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2005, 12:03 AM »
the hunny hole has been blowing up with big fish and long runs, no fish landed since the nice rainbow on a worm about 2 weeks ago.. had a nice 4-5 lb bow on today... flyrod..  they're liking top water flys! trout and bass alike.. today i got a rockbass on a fly....

amazinmoose

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Slow night on the chu, few small smallies handfull of rockbass.. nice and quite on the water, flyrod did not produce. roostertails black... gold spoon..  lalalal im going crazy for that monster, i think the pressure was to high 29.98 and riseing. ahh well another nigth on the ressi when the redsox have an offday. is better then just sitting there.. tightlines moose

amazinmoose

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Caught a 3 1/2' brown water snake well fishing with shiners  :-\   thought i had an eel!!  tightlines moose

EscapeIsNever

« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2005, 05:45 AM »
Caught a 3 1/2' brown water snake well fishing with shiners  :-\   thought i had an eel!!  tightlines moose

lol i caught one of those at south meadow too the other day!
"And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky.
A human being that was given to fly."
-Pearl Jam, Given to Fly

Don't be a Goatboy....eh hem, PJ!

Brian

amazinmoose

« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2005, 08:24 AM »
d**n reptlies, i caught one lastyear at quabbin, it bit me and i bleed for a while! theres something in there blood that when they bite the victom bleeds to a death..   fish mice stuff of that nature  -moose

amazinmoose

« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2005, 03:22 PM »
shes was 39" ...  my biggest freshwater catch.. hahah :-D

amazinmoose

« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2005, 04:19 PM »
fished the chu early morning... out there befor sunrise,  left the house at 430 am, was fishing by 5!  not much action, missed a few runs. guys across the way got a few runs only landed 3 mudrats.  my buddy caught a rat, 25" got her on some native shiners. had a creyfish in the belly..   cool nights, cool days, soon the trout breed.   ;D  -tightlines moose

amazinmoose

« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2005, 08:57 AM »
mid afternoon yesterday at the point... not much action!  few runs no lunkers netted, brought the lines straing into the cliff!  d**n fish..  presh. is still high  not much panfish action either..  tightlines moose

amazinmoose

« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2005, 08:51 PM »
fished the chu with the fly rod tonight...  3 hours, 2 flies..  one pole  57 bluegill/ sunfish  13 rock bass   4 smallies 1 @ 2+ lbs (biggest fish on the fly rod to date) deff outfished my buddy using live bait!!   tightlines moose

mullen2525

« Reply #10 on: Sep 17, 2005, 07:44 PM »
never fished wachusett but was thinking of checking it out tomorrow sometime, whats the best way to get there from Fitchburg, and any wachusett tips that you'll share please do, Thanks in advance

amazinmoose

« Reply #11 on: Sep 18, 2005, 09:41 AM »
the chu is on Rt 70 in clinton, boyleston  and on 110 in west boylston  and on 140 aswell good luck  im hitting up the chu for dusk :-)  tightlines moose

jf5

« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2005, 05:28 PM »
never fished wachusett but was thinking of checking it out tomorrow sometime, whats the best way to get there from Fitchburg, and any wachusett tips that you'll share please do, Thanks in advance

Take Rt 2 to 190 south. To 140 S. Follow until you see the res. Tips?? WHat are you fishing for??

amazinmoose

« Reply #13 on: Sep 19, 2005, 07:47 PM »
slow night on the chu, few dink smallies on worm and flies...   nice and calm out there tonight... few rock bass on popper flies!!  tightlines moose

amazinmoose

« Reply #14 on: Sep 21, 2005, 07:27 AM »
fished a new spot on the chu. gate 13 i think it was.  got a few runs only pulled in 1 mudrat about 2 1/2 lbs and a small smallie about 11"  both on kivers!!  tightlines moose

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.