FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: maumee river `10  (Read 3880 times)

threeten

• I fish,therefore,I lie!
maumee river `10
« on: Mar 14, 2010, 10:55 AM »
the eyes are starting to hit the river,some catches over the last few days,but high water will make for tough fishing. hopefully it`ll be on this weekend!! 8)  need to get out.dusting off the gear as i type this. come on fish ;)

big70bo

Re: maumee river `10
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2010, 05:37 PM »
Hey threeten, I'm pretty new to the site... Looking to get some additional info on the maumee. I have never been but know that hog walleye are pulled out every year. I am heading there April 9th. Is that a pretty good time to go? If fishing from a boat, where do you suggest I put in? I know that the banks are full of fishermen and I didn't know if there would still be room for boats going down the river w/ all the bank fishermen. Any advice would be helpful!
The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't

threeten

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2010, 07:05 PM »
hey big, they should still be around then.probably tapering off after that. really don`t know my way around maumee to well,we`ve hit it a few times when we don`t have access to a boat.maumee bait and tackle could hook ya up though.his site shows pictures of a few a guy caught out of his boat. if you have a boat you can hit the reefs off camp perry if the rivers swollen or dirty. i love jiggin` them out there.my buddy has his ready now,don`t know how,but he did it.looks good for this weekend???sorry i couldn`t be of more help on launches over by the river.anyone else out there know of any?

fishmaster

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2010, 01:47 PM »
Hey threeten, I'm pretty new to the site... Looking to get some additional info on the maumee. I have never been but know that hog walleye are pulled out every year. I am heading there April 9th. Is that a pretty good time to go? If fishing from a boat, where do you suggest I put in? I know that the banks are full of fishermen and I didn't know if there would still be room for boats going down the river w/ all the bank fishermen. Any advice would be helpful!
hey first time posting going with ya hope somebody helps us out

big70bo

« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2010, 07:28 PM »
hey first time posting going with ya hope somebody helps us out

good news... we will be putting in at orleans park. It sounds like they are still hitting but this cold front might mess some stuff up... Hope they are still hitting... I'm ready for some big 'eyes!
The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't

threeten

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2010, 07:48 PM »
fished it today.people catchin' fish all around me,they sure looked happy. it only cost me about 12 bucks in tackle to watch them!!! i did foul hook 2 big eyes and a drum[sheephead]. i couldn't do anything right today. pretty cold this morning,but really turned out to be nice.wind was brisk. could only watch all the limits going home.maybe next time?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.