FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513377 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3105 on: Aug 25, 2019, 04:53 PM »
No fishing or gardening for me today.
Kids came over for a nice cookout and some horseshoes. My Grandson ( who's never pitched before) tossed 3 ringers. Super day for family.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3106 on: Aug 28, 2019, 07:35 AM »
Well, I've got more than enough pickles to do another batch this weekend. The tomatoes are coming in fast now so we might just do a batch of salsa too. I'll be pulling all the tomatoes this week to make room for spinach, radishes and lettuce.  Broccoli is moving slowly, Brussels sprouts are doing real well. Don't know if they'll produce but I'll wait and see.

My hot peppers are spectacular! Chilis are turning bright red, more jalapeņos, cowhorns, Anaheim and bananas as well. Some critter ate a few of my chilis. Have no idea what it was.

Any of you have a good recipe for chili sauce?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3107 on: Aug 28, 2019, 07:41 AM »
I do. I will find it for you.
We use it in our meatloaf.. Its awesome...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3108 on: Aug 28, 2019, 08:00 AM »

Add anything you want. I put some hot peppers in also..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3109 on: Aug 28, 2019, 04:42 PM »
Nice! You and your Bride always come through. I need to add a bunch of hot peppers to this though. I'm looking for a killer chili sauce. And I have a pile of killer hot peppers.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3110 on: Aug 28, 2019, 04:58 PM »
Yeah we make two batches and one is pretty hot...    ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3111 on: Aug 29, 2019, 03:00 PM »
Yeah we make two batches and one is pretty hot...    ;D

Gonna take a whack at that this weekend. I've got mild, medium, hot and take your breath away peppers.
Should be interesting.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3112 on: Aug 30, 2019, 03:44 PM »
   I'm  drowndin  :D in fresh tomatoes, peppers are starting to ripen, been using the Hungrian Wax for a few weeks in pickles. Lisa and I dehydrate most of our hot peppers for Enfuego. Our crushed pepper blend. last pull of pickles this weekend, few cukes still worth letting go, beans winding down but still a few flowers. Gonna try Radishes for the first time, any pointers Bob?

On another note, we are sowing garlic for the first time this year. we meet with a grower and got 4 1# each of the following;
Baipisuan, German White, Persian Star, and Blanak. Anyone try these? Any pointers will be appreciated, and I'll make sure the appreciation is shown with a gift of my harvest  ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3113 on: Aug 31, 2019, 07:18 AM »
Nice....
 Ed get a shovel handle mark 6" and punch a bunch of holes in rows 6" apart.... ;D

drowndin dots

« Reply #3114 on: Aug 31, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Nice....
 Ed get a shovel handle mark 6" and punch a bunch of holes in rows 6" apart.... ;D
That's all there is to it? What kind do you grow?

drowndin dots

« Reply #3115 on: Aug 31, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Picked few tomatoes this morning

Nice pull Low!

drowndin dots

« Reply #3116 on: Aug 31, 2019, 12:19 PM »

Last good pull of the season for beans and cukes, busy day tomorrow canning, Fair today. Pulled my bean vines gonna let the cukes go another week. Best Garden of my life

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3117 on: Aug 31, 2019, 12:44 PM »
That's all there is to it? What kind do you grow?

German hardneck grows best for me. I plant in late October and mulch with leaf litter. Than I cover the bed with plastic chicken wire to keep the squirrels, skunks, possums and such from digging around. Cut the scapes when they form. Makes a huge difference in the size of the bulbs.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3118 on: Aug 31, 2019, 01:34 PM »
Me to Bob...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3119 on: Aug 31, 2019, 03:54 PM »
A double batch of sweet zucchini relish and a signal batch of extra hot... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.