FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Making Lemonade  (Read 1710 times)

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
Making Lemonade
« on: Sep 18, 2004, 06:43 PM »
When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.  This past week, Hurricane Ivan was on a direct path for Meridian, MS and the community college where I work closed down.  To avoid the hurricane, and to make the best use of my new free time, I headed to NW MS to fish for flatheads below some real nice lakes.  The trip went pretty well and I caught my first flathead (even though I did break a rod).  I successfully avioded three powerless days and had a real good time exploring NW MS.  I'll start lake and river threads later this weekend, I was real impressed with both the scenery and the fishing.  It was good lemonade!

Check out the flathead post, I did add some pictures:
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=4892.0

TroutFishingBear

Re: Making Lemonade
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2004, 06:48 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D A hurricane day! What a way to get off of work :thumbup_smilie:

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2004, 09:19 AM »
Actually, it was a hurricane 1/2 week, LOL!  ;D

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Lucky Guy!  Glad you didn't suffer any damage.  Only thing we get here in Manitoba is blizzard days off work, and then the snow is so deep that you can't get out of the city anyway.  So I sit at home and go fishing on the fishing websites instead. :)

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2004, 02:30 PM »
Sometimes you gotta make the best of a bad situation. My friend and I were planning on fishing for ice out Macks in Blue Mesa Reservoir. When we arrived, his battery was dead and the cooling pump on his outboard wasn't working. So we couldn't use the boat and couldn't fish macks. We were both greatly disappointed. But we decided to walk the banks near rip rap and throw spoons for browns.
Well we caught a bunch of browns, some of them 20" or more. When I cleaned the few I kept, I saw the meat was as orange red as the best brook trout I had ever caught. Daredevle spoons produced about a dozen for each of us. I guess it was just to show me that Blue Mesa also has excellent fishing for big, and very tasty browns.

Tyler

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2004, 08:04 PM »
I was making some lemonade the other night while fishin for cats. right in the middle of the process I got a hit. My fish alarm was burnin up so I dropped my rod and picked up my pole. I quick set the hook and was on to a nice cattie. There I was tied on to a mad cat and with the horse out of the barn so to speak. It wasn't long before the gravity of the situation started to get the best of me as my pants began to head south. This was all causing me to laugh hysterically at myself, someone had to laugh! I finally dropped the pole and tucked my rod into its holder and successfully landed the cat. Changing bud into lemonade!
FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2004, 08:13 PM »
I was making some lemonade the other night while fishin for cats. right in the middle of the process I got a hit. My fish alarm was burnin up so I dropped my rod and picked up my pole. I quick set the hook and was on to a nice cattie. There I was tied on to a mad cat and with the horse out of the barn so to speak. It wasn't long before the gravity of the situation started to get the best of me as my pants began to head south. This was all causing me to laugh hysterically at myself, someone had to laugh! I finally dropped the pole and tucked my rod into its holder and successfully landed the cat. Changing bud into lemonade!
FM
:rotflol: :rotflol: That is friggin hillarious!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2004, 12:17 PM »
FM

:rotflol:  LMAO!! :rotflol:  Too bad a canoe full of girl scouts didn't happen along about that time! ;D  Good one FM!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.