FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Half-rod Harvey!!!  (Read 1404 times)

grumpymoe

Half-rod Harvey!!!
« on: Sep 19, 2004, 09:33 PM »
Early morning fog today.....so after breakfast....decide to head up to the narrows for some perch fishing.......get to the turnoff.....decide to head to the Turtle River.....for some excessively overslot walleye..and northerns....mosquitoes by the hundreds....and brother-in-law takes out the borrowed rod.....2 bottom halves of 2 fishing rods......the other 2 in the porch....start to a very sensitive day of fishing....anyways...start casting crankbaits.........cast after cast.....not even a follow.....harvey flips some spectacular casts with the short end of one or two 7' spinning rod/reel combos......after about 1/2 hour of useless fishing...decide to head to original destination....duh....left rear tire on pickup completely flat....for those of you who have spares under the pickup box....do this once on your spare time.....i guarantee you will not do this in rotten weather....can anyone say...roadside assistance......change tire over...back to fishing same spot.....cattle routing around the riverbank.......cast after cast.....nothing......finally decide...enough is enough.....to make this lonnnnnnnnnng story short.....saw other anglers with a couple of northerns on the stringer...one 19" walleye released...(slot size is maximum 18")...and home to catch a cold one....the nascar race.......a great evening meal........and little else...hope the next report is more informative.....grump

Trophy Hunter639

Re: Half-rod Harvey!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2004, 10:22 PM »
Man that sucks reminds me of a time fishing at our cabin at sandy lake first cast off the dock the top section of my rod goes flying snapping my line. :P

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2004, 08:08 AM »
I feel your pain brother  :'(!  Been there, done that!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

fozsey

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2004, 08:46 PM »
Don't worry Grumpy, if it was easy everyone would be doing it. That reminds me of a quick story that might cheer you up a little. I was in a grocery store a few years back and was looking at some meat in the meat case.  A woman came up to the case and looked at the walleye in the case which was listed for about $9/lb. She looked at me very irritated and said thats ridicules for walleye and it shouldn't cost that much. I looked her right in the eye and said "Oh really, You ever tried to catch one?" She let out a grunt and away she went. My dad and I were laughing our @$$e$ off. Best of luck to you next outing.

TJ

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2004, 10:34 PM »
....left rear tire on pickup completely flat....for those of you who have spares under the pickup box....do this once on your spare time.....i guarantee you will not do this in rotten weather....can anyone say...roadside assistance......change tire over........grump

Hey Grump, too bad you don't know someone in the auotmotive industry, you could have a "Preventitive Maintainance" done and have no worries!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.