FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Back To “Work”  (Read 2467 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Back To “Work”
« on: Oct 06, 2020, 07:15 AM »
Started back to my Part time job at Lowes yesterday. Lots of changes to the store. They’ve almost completely rearranged every department. Oddly, a way better layout completed with a great deal of logic.

Lots of new faces and many old friends. Must have had 10 of my old customers stop and chat. All in all, it’s a much safer feeling environment than it was back in May when I took a leave. But, I still saw several customers in the aisles with no face coverings. Contractors mostly. At the very least it’s inconsiderate, at the worst it’s downright reckless.

Doesn’t say much for their respect for others. They’ll be shopping without my assistance.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

Re: Back To “Work”
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2020, 07:25 AM »

Be safe RG , seen a few places that have closed to not following guide lines
 Many places have posted no mask no service

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2020, 07:36 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of the mask thing personally but I use one just to be considerate.  Glad you are somewhat comfortable RG. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Thank you for being considerate! I’m beginning to realize that there’s some serious shortages of materials. We have pretty limited supplies for electrical. Lots being stolen as well. Lumber is practically non existent. Had a contractor get really mad today because we were so low on PVC conduit. We just can’t get any.

I understand the frustration for a hard working, self employed person. Been there myself.

As far as safety is concerned, I’m in control of that.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2020, 05:50 AM »
So my new schedule at Lowes is 2 days one week and three days the next. Still 10-2 Monday -Friday only. I couldn’t be happier with that. More time with my Bride and I still get to go socialize and help a few people.

To top it off they’re issuing yet another Covid bonus and to top it off even more, I now get 3 weeks paid vacation per year......for working 10 days a month. Couldn’t beat that if I tried.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2020, 06:04 AM »
Sounds good to me..   ;D 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2020, 06:05 AM »
Glad to hear they are taking care of you.  I've been working from home since March with no end in site.  Despite having a corner office that no one can access they want me to stay put.  The commute is nice.

tomturkey

« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2020, 07:09 AM »
rgfixit Lowes is the only place I shop. The other big box stores of that type are terrable as far as I am concerned.

Yesterday I stopped into my go to one to see about buying some additional 4 foot Red Brand Fencing. The gal that helped me went way beyond what I would have gotten at any other big box store. The Red Brand  fence is way better quality that the crap I bought at Menards a few years ago that the welds did not hold.

I also needed a plate to keep some one from pushing the latch open on an out swing door that allowed some one to break in to our senior center. We could not find the plate on line. She went through page after page until she found what I wanted. She then took me half way aross the store to find it. After walking two aisles we could not find them. Seh asked another clerk where they were. We were on aisle short. They both took me to where they were. I walked out the door with what I needed.

The wife has a miltiary discount so we end up with money in our pocket instead of a rebate that has to be redeamed in the store like Menards does. Also this discount is every day Lowe's is open. Menards military discount is only on Memorial Day.

Shortage of every thing is because of the long lock down. If you can not produce things of any sort it is going to take quite a while to get stock built up. Some people just do not under stand.

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2020, 07:58 AM »
Started back to my Part time job at Lowes yesterday. Lots of changes to the store. They’ve almost completely rearranged every department. Oddly, a way better layout completed with a great deal of logic.

Lots of new faces and many old friends. Must have had 10 of my old customers stop and chat. All in all, it’s a much safer feeling environment than it was back in May when I took a leave. But, I still saw several customers in the aisles with no face coverings. Contractors mostly. At the very least it’s inconsiderate, at the worst it’s downright reckless.

Doesn’t say much for their respect for others. They’ll be shopping without my assistance.

Rg

Good for you Rg. Love our posts here too!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2020, 05:23 PM »
Not a bad place to spend some time for an old fart like me. They seem to appreciate me. My regular customers do.

Rg

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2020, 08:18 PM »
Not a bad place to spend some time for an old fart like me. They seem to appreciate me. My regular customers do.

Rg

That's as good as it gets. To like where you are and be appreciated.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2020, 06:39 AM »
I totally agree.

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2020, 05:53 PM »
That's as good as it gets. To like where you are and be appreciated.
X2

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.