FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: maybe I started something  (Read 5620 times)

rainbow

• life is short...... go fishing.....
maybe I started something
« on: Aug 21, 2005, 10:04 PM »
1993 man that was a long time ago :o hiking trip may long weekend 3 friends 60Lb backpacks 12miles mantario trail 5.5hrs later :o  bog rock swamp good old Canadian shield  8)the goal to fish one lake in the whiteshell trout stocking limited no where to camp tent right on a rock next to the water  8) start fishing almost right off the bat 23" brown  8) next buddy catches 27' brown new Manitoba lenght record at the time  8) last fish of the evening I catch 24" brown trout  camp fire moonlit sky moose swimming across the lake pack of wolves howling nearby  :o didn't sleep much that nite sunrise comes early 5am  :o throw throw the bobber in before the crew is awake early bird gets the fish 300 fingerling tiger trout stocked in 1989 it fought harder than any fish [trout] i HAVE CAUGHT BEFORE  :o beautiful 21.5 '' TIGER TROUT                                                                                            mounted the fish to remember the trip  my good friend is an fish biologist produded his first tiger trout in 94 at the sportfishing park he was working at the time had a lot of fun with these fish in the 90s spurded intrest in these fish throughout this province {MANITOBA} stocking started 3yrs ago by the NR of Manitoba maybe I started something 8)  another pic added                 

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Re: maybe I started something
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2005, 07:04 PM »
That one fine looking tiger trout, rainbow. We also have tiger trout in Sask. but I have not yet had a chance to go for one. Our record tiger trout is 5.9lbs, what did your weigh?
I think you may have started something there, but probably for the better. ;D :)

WW

rainbow

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2005, 09:48 PM »
thanks WW the fish if i remember weighed about 5lbs my buddy [fish biologist] produced fish up to 8lbs  :o pound for pound the tiger lives up to his name for fighting ability  8)

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2005, 10:19 PM »
Wow your buddy has found some giant tiger trout. They are sure nicely colored fish. Again nice tiger. :thumbup_smilie:

WW

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2005, 07:19 PM »
i love trout fishing. and that is one of the best trout ive ever seen. thats cool never heard of one
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

rainbow

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2005, 09:36 PM »
thanks guys 8) the tiger trout is a hybrid cross between a brook trout + brown trout  these fast growing fish  are an aggressive species and are a lot of fun to catch   8)  growth rates on certain lakes can be 18" in less than two seasons :o :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.