FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Moore Res  (Read 2684 times)

jibbs

Moore Res
« on: Jun 30, 2020, 07:27 AM »
Hey guys ..I have a tourney come up on Moore dam at the end of July. I have never been there so I’m asking if anybody has any experience there ..looking for hots spots ..haha..just kidding but maybe some ideas on what type of structure I might encounter ..feel free to pm ..thanks I pay it forward if you ever need info
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Moore Res
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:35 PM »
I only fished there once and I remember I didn't have any depth charts on my Navionics. I believe it was tough fishing with little to no structure on the banks other than weeds.

Johnnh

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2020, 12:44 PM »
Jibbs,

I sent you a pm
John

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2020, 01:49 PM »
Jibbs  Moore is my place.  No depth maps will ever be available.
East half has always been best.  Fast water at upper end is full of small mouth but big rocks are hard to spot.  Mostly small mouth and most of them will be gorging on perch fry over deep water.  Lots of structure if  you look for it.  Not much for weeds but great when you locate it.  Water will be coming up so shoreline fish will be left behind far from last weeks shore.
Small bass still along shore. 
Rising water will mean lots of big driftwood so run carefully.
Moore is really dangerous run and gun place!! If I were more tech I would provide  hot spot map that would keep you in fish. 
Pretty sad to admit for a retired surveyor who managed Moore forest for 30 years.  I just trashed an 8' long aerial of Moore just before it was flooded.
Good luck.  Let us know how you do.
Dick

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2020, 05:16 PM »
Jibbs  Moore is my place.  No depth maps will ever be available.
East half has always been best.  Fast water at upper end is full of small mouth but big rocks are hard to spot.  Mostly small mouth and most of them will be gorging on perch fry over deep water.  Lots of structure if  you look for it.  Not much for weeds but great when you locate it.  Water will be coming up so shoreline fish will be left behind far from last weeks shore.
Small bass still along shore. 
Rising water will mean lots of big driftwood so run carefully.
But,  end of July might be a whole new kettle of fish?
Ask again!
Dick
Moore is really dangerous run and gun place!! If I were more tech I would provide  hot spot map that would keep you in fish. 
Pretty sad to admit for a retired surveyor who managed Moore forest for 30 years.  I just trashed an 8' long aerial of Moore just before it was flooded.
Good luck.  Let us know how you do.
Dick

jibbs

« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2020, 12:42 AM »
Guys thanks for all the help ..weird growing up in Milan I never fished Moore dam ..I’ll keep everyone posted
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2020, 05:16 PM »
Jibbs    Really hope to hear your tournament results.   Moore has a habit of producing thousands of one to two pound small mouth.   I only hear stories of three and four pounders.  Let me know if you find out where those big bass hide. 
Dick

jibbs

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2020, 01:17 PM »
Prefished today..couldn’t believe how big the place is..smallies are pretty easy to catch but with all the rain the upper end which looks like more largemouth areas are all blown out with mud..couldn’t believe the drift wood floating around  in that place ..I have no clue what to do for the tourney ..will have to get lucky on some shoreline wood I guess and backs of coves ..thanks for the help fellas and maybe I’ll make it up one more time before the show ..

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2020, 11:09 AM »
Thanks for the update, Jibbs.  Sounds like a challenging situation for sure.  Being an impoundment on the CT River, I'm not totally surprised about the driftwood and other unmarked hazards.  Never fished it but would like to drag the Lund up there sometime soon.  Best of luck with your tourney.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Jack1972

« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2020, 09:32 AM »
If you decide to go ice fishing there I will tell you where to go & what to use if you do NOT want to catch fish.  I was successful at that.

Steve H.

« Reply #10 on: Jul 22, 2020, 09:33 AM »
If you decide to go ice fishing there I will tell you where to go & what to use if you do NOT want to catch fish.  I was successful at that.

;D
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

jibbs

« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2020, 07:04 AM »
Well I will say it like this ..that place has more rats than I have ever seen in a single lake..we caught 50 plus smallies and I bet in 10 were keepers ..found some great off shore structure but everything was 12, 13, 14 inches ..finished 3rd ..the key was getting a big topwater bite in the morning and it never happened for us..moving to to the Merrimack next week

PIKEBAIT

« Reply #12 on: Jul 26, 2020, 07:51 AM »
Jibbs   3rd sounds pretty good for such a tough water.  Moore has always been over stuffed with small bass.  Even the pike didn't thin them out. 
Dick

jibbs

« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 2020, 09:28 AM »
Jibbs   3rd sounds pretty good for such a tough water.  Moore has always been over stuffed with small bass.  Even the pike didn't thin them out. 
Dick
amazing..they are deep, shallow, on trees ..everywhere ..cool place though ..not a lot of boat traffic and the weather was super..I would go back..there has to be giant bass in there ..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.