FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What is the best tube jig  (Read 2396 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
What is the best tube jig
« on: Apr 18, 2008, 03:41 PM »
this has been haunting me for a few seasons now, I just cant seem to find the right tube jig. I dont do a ton of tube fishing but when I do Im usually dragging them and the odd time flipping them....what do you guys see as the best style tube jig....?

troutchaser

Re: What is the best tube jig
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2008, 03:49 PM »
 yamamoto    my opinion

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2008, 03:53 PM »
thanx Troutchaser, I was looking more for styles then Brands, does Yammo make more then one style tube jig?

bucky75

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2008, 04:37 PM »
I use "regular" tube baits but I also use the creature tube baits some.  There are days these creature baits work better than the standard.  Most of the time I am throwing a 4" tube bait in either black and red or watermelon.  Hope this helps.

Rodrunner

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2008, 10:27 PM »
How do you guys retreve them back to shore or the boat? do you just drag them on the bottom or do you do a lift drop method?

troutchaser

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2008, 09:42 AM »
How do you guys retreve them back to shore or the boat? do you just drag them on the bottom or do you do a lift drop method?
  i do bass tourneys   we go up to cover,dock,    lift and drop    feel the 2 taps   set hook

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2008, 11:59 AM »
Hey all, I think Im having an hard time communicating my question....what Im looking for is some advice on the actaul tube jighead, not the plastics or tube itself. ...there are so many styles, finese, football, squareheads, ect and I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction as to what style jighead you insert in your tubes for best fall/action

bigfoot697

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2008, 03:19 PM »
on my panfish size tubes, i use a 1/64 jighead outside the 1 " tubes and slider heads that go inside the tube on the 1 1/2 inch ones. colors on the smaller tubes doesnt seem to matter but sometimes match the tube head color to the jighead color. black head/ black jighead, redhead tube/ red head jighead. it matters at times on the crappies. tight lines, out.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Hi bassjunky,

I have one style of tube jig that I use often, Mr.Twister Exude series.
I have had good luck with pike on them. :)
I usually use a 1/8th oz regular round jig head and slide the head halfway up the tube this creates an air pocket in the front and a spiraling action on the drop.

WW

bucky75

« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2008, 07:09 PM »
What I do is use an extra wide gap hook and a tube wieght.  The tube weight goes inside the tube and the hook goes through a hole  in the weight and hooks like you would if you were texas rigging it.  Less hang ups that way and the weights come in different sizes to suit the need.

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 22, 2008, 12:00 AM »
southern pro. in whatever color works best, they're the only ones who make my favorite color (orange & chartreuse) use a tube jig head with a red hook, it helps.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.