FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trolling for muskies  (Read 2648 times)

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
Trolling for muskies
« on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:19 PM »
I'm hopefully going to be doing quite a bit of musky fishing this year and was wondering, for you guys that troll for them all the time, what kinds of lures work well and at what speeds do you usually troll?

I've never trolled in freshwater, only saltwater, so I'm wondering how fast I should be trolling. I picked up some bigger Rapalas in perch colors as a lot of people say that those colors seem to be best.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

Mkid

• FISH ON........
Re: Trolling for muskies
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:52 PM »
I would rather cast ,but trolling is very productive to.You just don't get to see the follows..... i'll start trolling between 3-4mph but faster is sometimes better. I'll hold the rod and really work it. constantly pumping ... As far as lures there's hundreds if not thousands that will work, catch  two muskie on the same lure and it'll become a favorite you will cry when you lose it.....Some of my favorites are Wileys, shad raps, jakes 6&9", lil ernie,muskie snack,mepps muskie killer,stidems Z11,undertaker,bull dog, pig,believer ........ get a copy of Rollie&Helens  muskie catalog. Its by far the best place to get muskie gear. they also have a web site...Color, any color will work One day its black, the next day they won't look at it .... only chartruse. like i said before catch a muskie on any color and it'll become your favorite..... Good luck and i hope you like a challenge.........this fish will drive a man insane.....                                                                                     

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2004, 06:57 AM »
Mike the pike

You might want to join Muskies Inc, we're a bunch a guys who love to muskie fish . We have muskie fishing classes at our monthly meeting ,and you 'll  meet new friends who'll help you take years of the learning curb. But we do have a strong catch and release ethic towards the king of freshwater. 

MIke Kopp

www.mi22.com

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2004, 11:03 AM »
How does someone go about joining Muskies Inc? I took a look at your site and didn't see anything on joining.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2004, 11:52 AM »
Muskies, Inc. "On-Line" membership application form
Please print this form, fill-in the appropriate spaces, then mail with a check or money order payable to;
Muskies, Inc.
send to:
MUSKIES, INC.
P.O. BOX 120870
New Brighton, MN 55112
Toll FREE Phone Number; 1-888-710-8286

Name_____________________________________________ ____________________

Address__________________________________________ _____________________

City/State___________________________________zip code__________

Phone(___) - _______________ Date of birth ______________

Chapter Affiliation Choice Number_____________________________

My Membership #_________________ Expiration Date_______________
Check one:   ____   New Member   ____   Renewal   ____   Address Change   ____   Gift

Sponsor's name & Membership number___________________________________________
Payment Method:   ____   Check   ____    Credit Card   ____    Master Card   ____    Visa   ____    Discover
Card Number:   ____________________________   Exp. Date:    ____/____      
Signature:   ____________________________         

Life Membership Prices   All Prices Listed are in U.S FundsCheck appropriate box(s) and circle U.S. or Canadian
____   0 yrs - 29 yrs (US-$600.00) (CN-$950.00)   ____   30 yrs - 44 yrs(US-$550.00) (CN-$825.00)   ____   45 yrs - 49 yrs(US-$500.00) (CN-$750.00)
____   50 yrs - 55 yrs(US-$450.00) (CN-$675.00)   ____   56 yrs - 60 yrs(US-$400.00) (CN-$600.00)   ____   61 yrs - 65 yrs.(US-$350.00) (CN-$525.00)
____   66 yrs and over(US-$300.00) (CN-$450.00)
____   $100.00 additional to include spouse or junior member (up to age18) if purchased at the same time.
Standard Membership Prices
____   Reg. Member-1 yr(US-$30.00) (CN-$45.00)   ____   Reg. 2 yr(US-$55.00) (CN-$85.00)   ____   Reg. 3 yr(US-$80.00) (CN-$125.00)
____   Family - 1 Magazine-1 yr(children to 18 yrs)(US-$42.50) (CN-$57.50)   ____   Family 2 yr(children to 18 yrs)(US-$80.00) (CN-$110.00)   ____   Family 3 yr(children to 18 yrs)(US-$117.00) (CN-$162.00)
____   Junior Member (to 18 yrs)(US-$15.00) (CN-$30.00)               
____   Muskie Research Donation $___________   

Name of Spouse_______________________ Date of Birth _____________

Name of Junior Member__________________________Birthday of Jr. Member_____________

Name of Junior Member__________________________Birthday of Jr. Member_____________

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.