FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MINN KOTA ?  (Read 2920 times)

blaque

MINN KOTA ?
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:22 AM »
Hey guys, Finally going to get to install my trolling motor this spring. Its been a long time comin. Heres my set up:

Minn Kota power drive bow mount motor
60 lbs thrust
24 volt system
60" shaft

Throwing it on a standard 18' fiberglass openbow

Question is, are there any suggestions out there as two good batteries, recommended onboard chargers, should the power source be closer to the motor for longer life. Basically any tips or advice on this install as i have obviously never done this before.......and electronics isnt something im extremely well versed in.

Id appreciate it

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: MINN KOTA ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 11:22 AM »
to be honest, it is REAL easy...just take your time, follow the instructions, solder all your connections if possible, and you should be ok. 

As for onboard chargers, I have had Guest and ProMariner models and they have failed for me.  I have a small dual pro charging my cranking battery and that hasn't yet failed

As for how close your batteries are, it is better to have shorter battery cables, but I  wouldn't be too concerned...Most bass boats have all their batteries way in the back, and run the wires all the way to the front.

blaque

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 01:08 PM »
Thanks Red, hardest part is going to be drilling into the bow of my boat...... Yeeeouch lol

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Thanks Red, hardest part is going to be drilling into the bow of my boat...... Yeeeouch lol

YA...That is definitely the most nerve racking part...measure 10X - drill once!! LOL

Pikeguy

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 01:31 PM »
YA...That is definitely the most nerve racking part...measure 10X - drill once!! LOL

Better make it 12  :-X ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.