FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: any good outdoor tatoos  (Read 8171 times)

tucker

• central NY, heart of tax and spend
any good outdoor tatoos
« on: May 15, 2006, 01:39 PM »
Anyone got a good outdoors type tatoo?  My wife and I are thinking of getting some small tatoos and I can't think of any.
I told here I should get an archer in a treestand on one butt cheek and a buck on the other, so as I get older and my butt gets bigger, the shot will get longer :rotflol:

taxid

Re: any good outdoor tatoos
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 01:45 PM »
From someone that has some medical training -- don't do it! All kinds of blood born diseases you can get from tattos  like hepititis B, hepititis C, Aids etc. My sister inlaw almost died of hepititis that she probably got from a tatoo years before.

Read this before you do something stupid:

http://www.biblebelievers.com/watkins_tattoos/health.html
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Slimechaser

• A sconni lawn ornament.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:49 PM »
I've got a Mermaid on one arm with a treasure chest and octopus in the background! I'll post a pic later (day or two).
Rockbass - not just another pretty fish!
Got nymph?         I do!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 02:01 PM »
I have an owl in flight.  No diseases yet...
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Deposit

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 02:53 PM »
Have had one (of the reaper) since I was 18 (14 years ago) No diseases here. Not to mention the number of friends and co-workers who have them with no diseases :-\ Most places are reputable and clean (I would advise doing a little research of the place you thinking of going to) I work with blood everyday and have been test for the above numerous times so I know I am  free. I think people should be more carefull about the article they read from the internet.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 03:00 PM »
I think people should be more carefull about the article they read from the internet.
amen
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 03:08 PM »
I think people should be more carefull about the article they read from the internet.

Always consider the source and what there true intentions maybe.

Fishing is not a pastime, it's a way of life.

DonW

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 03:14 PM »
No outdoor tats for me, but have got plenty of 'em. My buddy has a fishing scene on his back, with a nice rainbow jumping from the river. As far as diseases go, I have been in plenty Tattoo Parlors and nowadays they all use disposable tubes and needles.  I always ask anyway, just for a piece of mind. Never had any problems with them and don't know anyone who has.

Tight Lines,
DonW

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 03:16 PM »
just about all of my friends have some tats, some have tons, none have any of the blood born diseases you suggested.

my buddy Kyle actually just got a job at a tatto parlor.  Once he is good enough, he's gonna give me my first "tatt"

kyle

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 05:17 PM »
My boss and his wife have matching fish tattoo's, and my boss has a halibut on his shoulder, an old assistant manager of a hatchery I worked at had a gar on his arm, and several other tattoo's.    A few of my friends have had tattoo's.    Nobody that I have ever heard of has had a disease or problem form from the result of getting a tattoo.     
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

dwaytkus

• Hudson Falls, NY
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 07:29 PM »
I have a whitetail deer on one arm , a beagle on the other arm and a portrait of my dad on my leg.
Oh Lord,
There he is.
Feels like a big one.
Please don’t let me lose him.
I’ve never caught one this big before.
I’ll try not to horse him.
And if I land him I promise to release him
And make a graphite replica...
If my wife says it’s okay.
Thank you for the Rapalas.
Amen.

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 07:55 PM »
i have some tats n im still kickin
OR      [IMG]

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 09:49 PM »
From someone that has some medical training -- don't do it! All kinds of blood born diseases you can get from tattos  like hepititis B, hepititis C, Aids etc. My sister inlaw almost died of hepititis that she probably got from a tatoo years before.

Read this before you do something stupid:

http://www.biblebelievers.com/watkins_tattoos/health.html

You are rite to a degree ! But as with anything there is always a risk with anything you do !
Itake a risk getting in my car and going to work every day . Just have some smarts and chech out the rep of the artist . The first thing I do going into a tat shop is look at the follrs and ash trays ...if they arent claen ... chances the equipment isnt either ... then go from there .

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Sorry about the spelling guys ! Got in too big of a hurry and neglected to spell check !

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 07:45 AM »
I have a pair of tatoo's...none are outdoor. I have music notes on one arm and the Superman Symbol on the other. I have been working on getting a third one, a freind has been working on drawing it for the last year or so.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.