FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Handheld GPS  (Read 2322 times)

blaque

Handheld GPS
« on: Jun 12, 2006, 08:54 AM »
Hey guys,

very curious about any comments on the Lowrance H2OC Handheld GPS. I know a hardmount for the boat is a better idea for display size and other reasons. But i also would like to take my investment with me on teh trails, camping, in the car etc......so im pretty hell bent on getting a handheld. The lowrance has a great display size for a handheld unit. Crisp also if you get the color model, i was looking at them at gander yesterda.......and for 269 , it looked like a great little unit for the price.

The sales guy seemed to know more than usual when it comes to gander.....he said that some of the garmins werent compatable with Navionic mapping chips? THe lowrance was. He said it was a WAAS unit. Which i understand is good lol (keep in mind im clueless here lol)  I dunno, any reason i should be afraid of purchasing this unit. ?

Pikeguy

Re: Handheld GPS
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Get them to demo it for you.
Find out how easy it is to use and learn.

Good luck.
Mac

Good advice Mac. Some units are easy for some people while others are clueless with it. Get a good look at how it works before you drop 269 on it ;)

blaque

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2006, 12:45 PM »
Yeah ill definitely go back and get an in depth tutorial.....should have done that last night when the guy that knew the unit was there. Ya never know if someone is gonna know more than , "yeah its 269, its a good seller, yeah i think it does that......hey pete, does this thing do that......yeah im pretty sure" lol 

Anyway, like i said, im new to it so i was kkinda looking for some questions i should ask from you guys. Just some key features that one would look for in a GPS unit.

blaque

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2006, 07:52 PM »
All GREAT points Mac. Ill be sure to ask the right questions.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.