FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tex-Mex char broiled corn on the cob.  (Read 3242 times)

fishryc

Tex-Mex char broiled corn on the cob.
« on: Jul 04, 2006, 12:09 PM »

Here's a good one for "Tex - Mex" seasoned corn on the cob. I do it on a grill, but at the outer edges of a campfire / bonfire where it's not too hot, it should work OK too.
 Peel the leaves back and remove the silk, but leave the leaves attached and pulled tightly straight back behind the cob. With a butter knife, spread mayonnaise or Miracle Whip on the cob as you would butter. Be very generous. Sprinkle generously with coarsely ground black pepper (or regular store bought if you don't have a peppermill), and chili powder.
 Optional seasonings to taste are (I use them all): ground cumin (highly recommended), hot pepper powder, and onion & garlic powder (powder, not salt).
 Give the leaves a quick dunk in water and squeeze out the excess water. Re-wrap the cob in these leaves and then wrap in foil. Grill or campfire cook on low and slow until done, about 20 minutes or so depending on the temperature of the grill or fire. Sounds funky with the mayonnaise, but I promise, it's a winner..........
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.