FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Are gas prices limiting you fishing?  (Read 10135 times)

Out4Trout

Re: Are gas prices limiting you fishing?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 27, 2006, 07:02 PM »
What if we were already doing those things and more?  My kids are all skinny - too skinny and they wear shoes that are two sizes too small and with holes in the sides.  Heck, my oldest is now wearing an old pair of bowling shoes to school.  (He's learning how to fight real good though.)  My wife doesn't get personal care products - she hasn't bathed in a week and isn't allowed to wear makeup.  (It doesn't matter, I don't allow her out anyway.)  And my refrigerator door has a handle made of duct tape - just like that old beer commercial.

You must be the guy that lives just down the road from me.  ::) :rotflol:

eyedoktr

« Reply #31 on: Jul 28, 2006, 06:53 AM »
The prices aren't limiting my fishing but they sure put a hurtin' on the wallet. I have a tourney next month and I figure that between my partner and I we will spend close to $1500 on gas (boat and trucks) for a week.
Pete Lewis

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #32 on: Jul 28, 2006, 07:31 AM »
The prices aren't limiting my fishing but they sure put a hurtin' on the wallet. I have a tourney next month and I figure that between my partner and I we will spend close to $1500 on gas (boat and trucks) for a week.

:sick: :pinch:

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #33 on: Jul 28, 2006, 08:13 AM »
I bought a VW Golf in 2003 (TDI diesel)  and go 750 miles on a tank. I pull my 13 ft boat and 20 hp motor everywhere even out to the ocean 8 hrs away. Its nice feeling to drive 8 hrs and the fuel needle is a hair below half tank left. ;D
This winter the plan is to take it up to North West Territories to fish some hotspots. Wouldn't be as fun if I had to take my pickup and pay 60% more in fuel costs.
I also pull my snowmachines on a trailer with it.

Phoenix

« Reply #34 on: Jul 28, 2006, 01:40 PM »
5 gallon gas cans down the dock  ;)

i love the gas debate.......it obviously isnt killing anyone if you see the boats that were just stranded on the barge canal...and its not killiing truck or suv sales at all or i would have a new one cheap

i also love the fact almost every democrat or liberal in the country has been saying over and over....were in only in iraq for the oil....yep the pump prices prove that!

gas is the cost of buisness...be it going to work, fishing, mowing the lawn, whatever...you have to have it bottom line  if its hurting you that much now you have obviously been living beyond your means for a while now...and it finally caught up to ya

you wouldent know there was high gas prices with the numbers of cigg and big craft on onieda  :o

im driving 80 miles round trip to work every day......and compared to 3 yeas ago at 1.50 a gallon its only costing me another 30 bucks a week

Exxon/Mobil and all of Arabia thanks you, praise be to Allah for you and others like you ;D

archbishop

« Reply #35 on: Jul 28, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Exxon/Mobil and all of Arabia thanks you, praise be to Allah for you and others like you ;D

i seen on the news that one of the gas companies were the first company ever to average $1,000,000,000 yes one billion dollars a day profit for a whole year :o and they say that if the government increases the tax on them that it will ruin them ??? but they promise to put 20 billion into finding a better fuel for vehicles ??? yeah right, a gas company wants to find alternate fuels :cookoo: so the government isnt going to add tax on them ??? yet they are going to let them keep raising prices for us to pay at the pump ???

Phoenix

« Reply #36 on: Jul 28, 2006, 02:05 PM »
Why not as long as the average American is unwilling to pay the price to drive his F150 4x4 and bass boat? It is free enterprise isn't it?

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #37 on: Jul 28, 2006, 04:12 PM »
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :thumbup_smilie: To me, $30 a week is beer and bait money, no beer and bait is a big deal to me. >:(

killitandgrillit

« Reply #38 on: Jul 28, 2006, 04:46 PM »
At my house, we stop eating before I stop fishing ;)
"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #39 on: Jul 28, 2006, 04:48 PM »
stated like a true cheesehead. LOL.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #40 on: Jul 28, 2006, 06:01 PM »
At my house, we stop eating before I stop fishing ;)

Maybe you need to catch some fish.... then you could eat!!! :D

HOOKEMNCOOKEM

« Reply #41 on: Aug 15, 2006, 11:13 AM »
I thought I'd bring this thread up again and see what people think now. I'm not fishing as often and not going as far as I'd like. God bless the electric trolling motor because without it I'd hardly go at all. Where I've really been feeling it though is other things. I've taken my muscle car out only one weekend all year so far. I just can't justify spending $60.00 ( 20gal @ $3.00/gal ) to bomb around for a measly 3 hours. This is starting to pi$$ me off!!!
I didn't come here to stay home.

stickyfingerdpuppeteer

« Reply #42 on: Aug 15, 2006, 02:03 PM »
I can not afford 20 some dollars every time i go trolling 4 yellows. 30 some years iv been out there and id love to keep at um.but this gas thing is putn a stop 2 it.oh well i hope the prchn on the lake pics up.I heard a new song somthin like this"i hate n.y"

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #43 on: Aug 15, 2006, 02:41 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Mac.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #44 on: Aug 15, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I just noticed GPW's national avg. is down a penny :tipup:

Highest - Needles CA - 3.79$
Lowest -  Gergetown SC - 2.46$

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/

&  Bass

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.