FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Are gas prices limiting you fishing?  (Read 10137 times)

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
Re: Are gas prices limiting you fishing?
« Reply #60 on: Aug 17, 2006, 08:31 PM »
show me a boat or two, that is being run on propane. in marine applications its a completely different story....Grump

oh no i understand. its a little more complicated a conversion than the original poster makes it seem also.

but sieng as how guys were talking about there tow vehicles also, a conversion on the old pickup could save some dough

some states  and the federal government ,also offer tax incentives for the conversion...here is a link

http://www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/laws/incen_laws.html

but like anything else, if more guys start running it, demand goes up and so does the price. another band aid  ;)

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

troutman

« Reply #61 on: Aug 18, 2006, 03:06 PM »
The marine industry needs to come up with an alternative fuel. Running ethanol is not going to solve our problem. Consumers need a choice. The more choices we have the better it will be for us. Right now we are being sucked dry by the special interest. The American people better wake up or we will need a horse and buggy to get around. We have the oil and technology to solve our problem. The people need to be better educated on what the politicians stand for. If they don’t listen to us get rid of them. We need new people in our government. If you accept 3 dollars for gas you will be paying 4 dollars for gas soon. 
Ray

Niffken

• Tournament Plastic Baits Niffken.com
« Reply #62 on: Aug 18, 2006, 08:47 PM »
gas prices are not limiting how much I fish as much as its limiting where I fish.  I have been fishing all local trolling motor lakes.
Some People are like slinkies... they are not really good for anything, but... they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #63 on: Aug 18, 2006, 09:54 PM »
Maby we can get Exxon to sponsor us. I will take their CEO fishing if he gives us all free gas! :cookoo: :w00t:

stickyfingerdpuppeteer

« Reply #64 on: Aug 20, 2006, 12:13 PM »
Mac if your selling your big boat you can always down size to a 14-16ft with a 20 to push it.Just a thought.Its obvious how much you like fishn and if you no longer can get out there youl b bummin.If that happens youd be welcome to come along in my boat and fish perch with 08 and i.I know weve never met but it seems we both share the same addiction." fishn"And you seem like a pretty cool guy.Just a thought,to keep you afloat.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #65 on: Aug 20, 2006, 12:43 PM »
It certainly limits the amount of fishing i can get in, being a sparsely employed teenager, I don't have the money to drive to the region's lakes and rivers, because I have to drive atleast 30 miles to get to most of the area's waters and over 80 to the ones I like the most.

It sucks.

Phoenix

« Reply #66 on: Aug 21, 2006, 08:08 AM »
Driving a 2000 Chevy Tracker towing a 14' Lund with a 15hp Honda. My favorite perch lake is 3 miles, good coldwater species lake is 10 miles away. I figure I can continue to fish as much as I want for quite a while yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.