FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch Fry for the LAzy guy!!  (Read 4492 times)

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
Perch Fry for the LAzy guy!!
« on: Mar 28, 2004, 06:09 PM »
Instructions
Ok guys heres what ya got to do first ya got to have a good PErch fisherman much like myself then you need to add some fish

Then you have to cut just behind the gills like this

Then Rip the head off like this once cut the gutz might come with it

Then cut along the belly starting at the poopshoot just under the sking though don't puncture the gutz

Then pull out the guts and make it clean like this

Then cut the tail off like this

Then slide your knife just under the skin and nearest the backfin like so.

Then make sure that the knife is all the way out the perch till the end under the skin

Then what i do then is flip the Perch body upside down and push on the perch and slide my knife along so that you cut the skin away from the MEat

Then you should have it looking much like this

Do this to both side but leave the skin still attacked to the BAck fin  so then you can pull it all of with the fins much like this

Then what you should have after that is what this looks like a perch fillet body and skin fully attached with the back fin.

Then that leaves the lil hard fin behind the bum to take care off just slide your knife behind take a lil bit thru with the knife then it will just tear off with your hand like this

Then you have What is left a 2 sided Filler That you can cook in the pan or microwave...Cook with butter in pan On med untill butter starts to Brown or desired tenderness of perch..Or microwave 5 perch in on 5 mins in a bowl with a tablespoon of butter and covered with suranwrap.

The Perch Meat will come Right off the Skeleton once cooked if ya pull tail to Head or where the Head used to be...If ya do it right you get no bones...ANd you use 99 percent of the meat and even lil guys are still a meal to ya...Anyhow hope this helps anyone of ya lazy guyz out there like me . Tight lines all
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

broken rod

• CPR
Re: Perch Fry for the LAzy guy!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2004, 08:33 PM »
im going to have to give that a try. looks like alot less waste  ;D
tight lines, chuck

fishing4life

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2004, 09:00 PM »
good post germ

I've caught perch by the hundreds before, but have never ate one before.  Out east we look at them as junk fish, and always throw them back.   It's not till I moved out here that I herd of people eating them.  I'm going to have to try that next time i get a bunch of perch, it sounds and looks good.  Do you target them specifaclly when you go fishing or do you just keep em if you happen to catch them?

No word of a lie, there is a lake near my home in Nova Scotia where me and my buddy would catch 150-300 perch(the size of the ones in the picture and bigger) in a two to four hour span.  It never really seemed like game to me it was more like shooting fish in a barrel.

Cheers!!!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Germ

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2004, 08:18 AM »
Well these lil tid bits here i had to keep as i was fishing in around 35 FOW and they experience The benz coming up and i dont like to waste. Plus My method works great For both pan frying and believe it or not MICROWAVE...Most guys wont microwave a fish..But covered with suranwrap and butter one tablespoon per 5..the butter bubbles up all over...Most times i will check the fish 2.5 mins thru the 5 min period and flip them to make sure they are getting buttered all over ...Also add a tiny bit of garlic inside or onion power on top while they butter...mmmmmmm..Good tasteing.  This day here as pictured i went out with a cousin and his girlfriend..My wife doesnt go on the ICE anyhow His girlfriend was the only one to Catch Jumbo's...Weird thing is that she didnt catch More then 4 fish total i believe but they were all over 11 inches....Might be a method to her madness...Anyhow my method used here doesn't waste any off the fish..BEsides head tail gutz and skin...The stuff you don't use....But i keep The tail ends and freeze them..LOL i use them as tippers on Game fish.. or Ling bait...SO i effectivly use alot of the FIsh...Try this method and see how it goes for ya. DOne right each fish is done In under 1 Min as was timed by my cousin compared to his filleting which takes him about 3 mins a fish and alot more waste. Anyhow tight lines guys!
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2004, 05:19 PM »
that seams like a way easier way to do perch then the way i did them.
notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

Germ

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31, 2004, 06:38 AM »
Fast and easy under a mintute for fish and like i said no Waste on the Meat department...Once the meat is pulled all that is left is the skeleton...Maybe next time i cook em up ill take a picture of the Carcass after eaten to show what lil waste there really is..ANyhow Ya its Easy and fast and when you catch like 50 to bring home MAkes all the world of difference to DOing it that way to Filleting them and spending more time....Thats if you don't have a electric fillet knife as i hear guys just zing thru perch with those...Anyhow tight lines!

trapperdirk

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2004, 11:53 AM »
I hope that buddy of you Hardtos takes heed of this post . LOL . Remember those boney fillets on Bernard boys .  ;D
   And Germ you have surprised me here . You didn't cut yourself .LOL ;D
I think the wife helped ya . ;)
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Germ

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2004, 04:41 PM »
Never Cut myself lol.....Only time i get hurt is when i don't use the rubber gloves..All the slime from the fish i usualy SLip and the fins jab into me without the rubber gloves...Plus the gloves are left overs from work i forget to leave there (un-used) much easier to clean up afterwards. The wife won't clean Fish trapper trust me i tried to show her before...She said " You caught em you kept ...YOu clean em!" LOL when i get to many the neighbor here likes perch as well. The wife did take the pictures though...She did a good job there!! I cut myself last year pretty good doing perch only cause i was trying to tget the job done to fast and well a moment slacking cost me a few drops of blood....LOL ANyways tight lines guys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.