FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Electrical Storm  (Read 1867 times)

blaque

Electrical Storm
« on: Jul 31, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Anyone in the Western NY area catch the lightshow saturday night. I was down in the Finley Lake area and it was nuts.......seemed like one cell of clouds was just bouncing constant lightning from cloud to cloud. Like 5 bolts at a time at one time, hapenning non stop for a couple hours. Thought it was war of the worlds! I heard they evacuated the Chatauqua fair due to tornadoes in the area. And its hearsay, but i heard it from two people that some had touched down in Dunkirk/Fredonia and there were alot of injuries? Thought that might be a little exageratory? Anyway, was quite a lightshow. We didnt get much more than a downpour. But the worst of it wasnt too far north of us. Hope nobody got hurt!

fishryc

Re: Electrical Storm
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Anyone in the Western NY area catch the lightshow saturday night. I was down in the Finley Lake area and it was nuts.......seemed like one cell of clouds was just bouncing constant lightning from cloud to cloud. Like 5 bolts at a time at one time, hapenning non stop for a couple hours. Thought it was war of the worlds! I heard they evacuated the Chatauqua fair due to tornadoes in the area. And its hearsay, but i heard it from two people that some had touched down in Dunkirk/Fredonia and there were alot of injuries? Thought that might be a little exageratory? Anyway, was quite a lightshow. We didnt get much more than a downpour. But the worst of it wasnt too far north of us. Hope nobody got hurt!

In Niagara County, it passed through in late afternoon from the Northwest off Lake Ontario and moving Southeast. Only lasted less than an hour, but was bad.  Super high wind, white out density rain, streets, ditches and yards flooded, 5 foot diameter trees downed, veggies and flowers flattened (I had a few 2-1/2 foot tall green pepper plants with 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick stalks snapped off at the base!!).
 Nasty system..............
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man; a debt he proposes to pay off with your money".

"Defeat the fear of death and welcome the death of fear.”

G. Gordon Liddy

archbishop

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2006, 10:32 PM »
yeah, we got a really cool light show down here in the southern tier as well
no rain, no thunder, no wind, just alot of lights in the sky, :tipup:

blaque

« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2006, 07:14 AM »
Exactly Arch, thats what made it odd. It was clear above us, and a line of clouds you could see when the sky lit up, no rain, no thunder, calm as could be. We were at peak and peek golfing and everyone at the restaurant and hotel was out looking at it. I heard everything from "Thats fireworks" and yes they were dead serious. To, "whats in that direction?.......Is that Canada......i know Toronto has light shows"...... And these were grown adults trying to figure out just what all this light in the sky was lol

Fishingking

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:06 AM »
now thats crazy :) didnt know they had Cacti in WNY  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

flipstick

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:09 AM »
That must have been taken in Mexico, NY. ::)   I know, bad joke.

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2006, 08:27 AM »
ya thats my back yard i love those cacti      ;D

yeah those cacti love our buffalo weather :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.