FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stingray kills 'Crocodile Hunter'  (Read 14382 times)

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
Re: Stingray kills 'Crocodile Hunter'
« Reply #15 on: Sep 04, 2006, 10:26 PM »
there were only 3 people died in a 100 years by a stingray

I didnt fully catch it, but on CNN they said something about 18 stingray deaths and it was way less than 100 yrs.

Anchorman

« Reply #16 on: Sep 05, 2006, 05:27 AM »
Steve Erwin the earthworm hunter....... ;D ;D
Ray Charles could see something like this coming...

devil-man

« Reply #17 on: Sep 05, 2006, 06:07 AM »
I'm really surprised this did not happen sooner.
If you flirt with death long enough she will find you.  :-\

Say what?

OTIS

« Reply #18 on: Sep 05, 2006, 06:36 AM »
This would be like any of us dying while fishing.  My family used to constantly watch his shows, he will definitely be missed.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

esox slayer

« Reply #19 on: Sep 05, 2006, 07:19 AM »

Better do some more research..I did a Google search and found far more than 3, and in a lot shorter time span than 100 years.....
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

archbishop

« Reply #20 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:29 AM »
Better do some more research..I did a Google search and found far more than 3, and in a lot shorter time span than 100 years.....

i think he is talking about in australia ???

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/05/entertainment/main1965695.shtml

"Experts differed on the number of human deaths caused by stingrays — from up to 17 to just 3 — though they agreed that they were extremely rare."

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #21 on: Sep 05, 2006, 08:35 AM »
this guy has been flirting with death for years...and yes it was only a matter of time..but truth be told this is a person who really enjoyed life and loved what he did....and many more loved watching him do what he did. the really sad thing about all of this..is he was an incredible father..if you have ever seen his show...his kids were everything..it will be very hard on them without him...i for one know that i will send out at least one prayer for his family.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #22 on: Sep 05, 2006, 10:18 AM »
This is a sad story, and the world has lost a good man, a fine animal advocate.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #23 on: Sep 05, 2006, 11:27 AM »
lol about him being brave! ive seen some much braver icefishermen flirt with death. thin ice! and then the croc hunter knew what he was doing too. JUst think how many fishermen go through the ice each year. We have to be careful!

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Pikeguy

« Reply #24 on: Sep 05, 2006, 11:28 AM »
lol about him being brave! ive seen some much braver icefishermen flirt with death. thin ice! and then the croc hunter knew what he was doing too. JUst think how many fishermen go through the ice each year. We have to be careful!

???

archbishop

« Reply #25 on: Sep 05, 2006, 11:31 AM »

so walking on thin ice, with equipment to keep you from going through and people around to help pull you out is braver than jumping in a river full of wild crocodiles and wrestling one to the surface, dragging it on land to show viewers ???

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 05, 2006, 11:32 AM »
iwouldnt call that brave more like STUPID 

I agree with you! Im saying it was a passion to flirt with death the way steve did, and it nailed him. Some would call him stupid. Ive seen many icefishermen flirt with death for their passion. Some get nailed. I think some icefishermen take to many chances. and yes some i would definetly reffer to as stupid.

Fishing is life

MIRC!

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #27 on: Sep 05, 2006, 11:35 AM »
so walking on thin ice, with equipment to keep you from going through and people around to help pull you out is braver than jumping in a river full of wild crocodiles and wrestling one to the surface, dragging it on land to show viewers ???

Not what I was saying, I see a suprising # of unprepared icefishermen, many of which go onto ice without others to help. Yea jumping into croc water is stupid. Im just saying people have to be careful and take precautions when they "flirt with death" and think about their decisions.
But i know what i said b4 was hard to understand, and has been taken way into left field

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #28 on: Sep 05, 2006, 11:51 AM »
I read today that they captured the whole incident on video.I wonder if it will ever be shown on the news? ??? It probably would be pretty degrading to the family if it was. :-\

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #29 on: Sep 05, 2006, 11:57 AM »
i for one hope it doesnt get out....kids loved him...and they dont need to see that...can you imagine some 8 year old who doesnt care if he "took too many risks" or "had it coming"...some little kid who loves him and his show...saw that? no thank you..i just read an article about it saying that to alot of kids...this is on par with princess diana dying or jfk being shot to adults.. it said they should talk to kids about what happened but to be very un objective and caring. they..nor their family should be exposed to the western fascination of seeing someone die on the news.
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.