FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Toy  (Read 4124 times)

blaque

New Toy
« on: Sep 14, 2006, 07:55 AM »
Been talking about getting one for a while......finally got it as a gift. Gotta LOVE that.

Any experience with the map (MMD card) shown
Mac how bout you, i know you have some experience with some of this........any thoughts on the Navionics card. Seems to have what im looking for.....pretty much all the inland lakes in NY. 

Just got it yesterday, havent figured it out just yet lol. Heres a few pics.

North Gap just south west of Erie Basin Marina (Lake Erie)

Navionics Card

South Gap just south west of Small Boat Harbor (Lake Erie)
MMD Card Case

blaque

Re: New Toy
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2006, 03:24 PM »
I agree, i was on the website and its very chaotic lol.
Thanks for the feedback. I saw the Platinum prices lol, almost 500 bills!
Better be good lol. I dunno, maybe ill upgrade to the Gold. I get confused
though at this point.....the Gold......does it cover the same regions and lakes as the
hotspots maps, just more precisely. I definitely wont break teh bank on the Platinum.
Thats too rich for my blood. Man i wish i had it in me to spend that kinda dough lol. Id
have me a 26c also lol!! Thats the name of the game though i guess. Those with the most toys
wins lol.

Is there any way on the website to preview the differences from the hotspots maps to the gold to the platinum?
Oh and i do remember seeing something about upgrading or trading in your old charts for upgrades. My guess is you'd lose your arse doin it though like most things.

PS- Mac, any perch reports lately......w/ coordinates lol.....J/K, those thing move around too much to zero in on day to day.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated

blaque

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2006, 03:43 PM »
Wow.... i was just on the site and took a look at the Platinum series.......Now thats technology lol. The 3D views would have me sold if i had an extra grand for a bigger screen and a few hundred more dollars for the Platinum MMD. Thats the Schlitz!

blaque

« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Another wow, called gander and they wont return the card i just got yesterday cuz its open, and the update from navionics, ......its only 50-75 bucks back on your old card. So looks like im stuck with it or take a large loss on teh brand new card i want to upgrade. What a bummer of a system.

blaque

« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2006, 06:45 AM »
Yeah the 3D graphs looked impressive, but i would imagine hard to read like you said.
Ill try the e-bay deal, and am definitely going to pursue the gold one way or another.
Thanks for the help Mac and Slip

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2006, 07:05 AM »
sweet little toy there...i hope santa remembers me, i would love one for maine 8)

OTIS

« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2006, 08:02 AM »
Now that you have had it a while what do you think of the H2Oc itsself?  I was thinking of picking up that unit.  Does it take the same map cards that the Lowrance fish finder/GPS units do?

Thanks
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

blaque

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Love it, still figuring it out cuz im not full time out on teh boat like i will be come next spring and summer......but its pretty user friendly, Im in teh process of waiting for a "fish n' chip" from navionics which i guess has crazy good detail. I switched from teh hotspot map to the Gold maps from navionics.  Well see how that works out. But it will definitely do what i want it to and more. I would assume teh chips are universal to a degree........but cant answer your question for sure.

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Now that you have had it a while what do you think of the H2Oc itsself?  I was thinking of picking up that unit.  Does it take the same map cards that the Lowrance fish finder/GPS units do?

Thanks

They all use the same MMC/SD cards which are pretty standard and used in all types of electronics with additional memory. I have an Eagle FishElite320 (similar to Lowrance LMS320) and the Ifinder H2O plus that came with MapCreate software, and they all use the same style card. Although some of the older units can't read the newer larger memory cards. The Eagle can't read anything bigger than 56mb so couldn't read the 512mb that came with the iFinder, I bought a 56mb card and that works fine in both. The Mapcreate software is only good for land use, it has no water data (tech term = bathemetry).

I use them for marking trolling trails like weedlines or drop-offs, and weigh points for other structure. Good stuff!

OTIS

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Thanks for the info!  Is there any problem using the H2Oc for navigating on trips, or for hunting?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.