FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pactola reservoir  (Read 5875 times)

icewalker2

Pactola reservoir
« on: Mar 21, 2007, 02:15 PM »
Was there any big laker's caught this winter?

appleye

Re: Pactola reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2011, 07:50 AM »
I talked to a guy who there all the time and he told me he got a 16lber and getting mounted. My best this winter was 27" I think 6 or 7 lbs. I caught 7 fish over 24" the best day was 4 over 24". It seems that the fish are getting bigger each year.  Can't what to see what this year brings!

royjulius

• Bluegills and Shorelunch!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Nice! I'll be looking for those come ice-out. I'll be out there in a red and white Champion bass boat.....

royjulius

• Bluegills and Shorelunch!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2011, 10:29 AM »
I went to Pactola last week, pretty slow. Didn't catch anything. Same thing at Sheridan and Stockade. 3 guys, 3 lakes, all in one day and no fish at all. Hope this weekend is better. I'm going back to Pactola Sunday.

Jynx

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2011, 09:15 AM »
Just an FYI, to all of you after Northern Pike in Pactola, their bellies are full of crawfish...  maybe this will help put some in the boat.

appleye

« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2011, 01:22 PM »
Fished Pactola twice this week jigging plastic. Landed 10 lakers on each trip. Most fish came from 90 to 110'. Boat traffic Sat. was a pain. People driving between the boat and shore then asking, "Are you catching anything?". Two legal fish landed a 28" and a 27" fish. Had lots of fish on but came unhooked partway up.

jbuss79

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Hit Pactola today with my short fishing partner after he got out of school. Lines in the water at Veterans Point between 3:30 and 4 and didn't get any bites until after 5 or so. Trout were all schooled up cruising the shoreline. Caught two decent rainbow on a daredevil spinner and my little buddy got one on Powerbait floating about 3 feet off the bottom. Not much else going on there today. I've seen pictures of a couple big Northern caught out of it in the past couple days. Know one was taken on a fly rod for sure. Water was nice and clear. Maybe give it a try again this weekend.

appleye

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2012, 12:28 AM »
No ice on the lake I take it?

jbuss79

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2012, 11:53 AM »
I didn't see a bit of ice. In fact, I haven't seen any besides Deerfield for a couple weeks and Deerfield is probably opening up too.

appleye

« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2012, 01:21 PM »
Thanks!

tehwarrior50

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 11:47 PM »
Anyone been out here and had any luck lately. It sure has been quiet on here the last month. Ya'll still alive?

KingCat

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 01:43 PM »
hangin' in there warrior! fished pac last week for a couple hours, fishing for pike, one bite but nothing to net. orman has been pretty good to me lately, so sticking north for now.

Big Al 1

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 08:32 PM »
Have not been fishing much myself but when I did I fished here in town and I usually do really well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.